Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Should get Antonio Nusa. He was very close to joining Brentford last transfer window, but concerns about injuries after his medical made them reconsider. However, it does not seem that it would be a problem,so I would definitely take him. He is exactly what we need on the wing. Fast and A great dribler. Only 19 as well for around £25m

Should get Antonio Nusa. He was very close to joining Brentford last transfer window, but concerns about injuries after his medical made them reconsider. However, it does not seem that it would be a problem,so I would definitely take him. He is exactly what we need on the wing. Fast and A great dribler. Only 19 as well for around £25m

And we have £25m to spend on one player?

If you look back to previous years we have offered the likes of Davies a contract as we are on the bones of our bum and it would cost more replacing a squad player than just renewing someone's contract!

People thinking we wont offer Gana, Young, Coleman contracts are mad! Especially if you see the amount of games both Gana & Young have played this season. 21 appearances from Gueye & 27 appearances from Young means they have contributed, we may not think they have contributed well, but they have contributed.
They will get offered contracts!

I agree with Zat that reinvesting money from player sales with the purchase of new players is necessary, and that it is so necessary that we will see it happen this summer. Not mega bucks spending, but something more than just picking up free transfers.

Also, as cack as PSR may be, I'd rather have a stronger squad and a 4 point deduction, than a weaker squad with no points deductions. I am not in favour of rushing to sell players for below market value in order to avoid a deduction of four points. There are definitely circumstances were accepting a points deduction would be better than a fire sale.

Lookman we made money on
Kean we made money on
Onyekuru we made money on
Onana we will make money on
Branthwaite we will make money on
Chermiti we will make money on

If we sell Onana then we need to reinvest that money into 3 new young signings. Lower wages than the outgoing out of contract players.

Which saves the club millions in wages while adding assets onto the balance sheet.

The big mistake this season was not signing Adam Wharton in January or Alex Scott last summer.

Wharton is easily now a £30mil player whose value will only increase.

Signing these profile players who not only improve the balance sheet but also the team makes far more sense than...

...your dreams of failure.
Yep that Alex Scott has really ripped up the PL with Bournemouth.

Jess Glynne speaks highly of her though lol

Maybe a loan with high loan fee and fixed price could be how to get him with his injury history coming out

Do we have any idea of what they are permitted to spend this Summer? Do they have to sell some players just to not end up getting docked points next season?

Yes one big sale to avoid any FFP charges to overshadow next season is the first aim.

Then it's the case of attempting to sell a couple of unwanted squad players and get 20-30m from that. Also release high earners like Gomes and that's more flexibility with the wage bill.

All I see currently is 5-6 new signings but they'll mostly be in the mould of Young and Harrison as again the only target next season is to stay up and hope a takeover happens and the new ownership can quickly restructure things.

We won't be buying Harrison mate, there is just no value in that transfer for us. Leeds want around £25m for him, then he will want a 4 year contract (prime age range) so it will be decent money, more than he is on now and he is on decent money atm, and by the time the new season starts he will be 28. As I said there is just no value in it for us and even if Thelwell has to put his foot down and just tell Dyche, 'no, it ain't happening'
I can't see any way that Leeds get anything anywhere near 25 mil for Harrison.