Relegation 23/24 Thread

I cant believe there are people on here still think we might go down to think both Luton and Forest would win 3 games is madness

We are really 16 points clear of Luton and will end up 20 points clear of the relegation zone by the end of the season (without deductions)

I think there’s far more chance we stay up than go down right now

It’s in our own hands and it could all be official this time tomorrow

However, it’s hasn’t happened yet and I don’t think we should take our eyes off the prize yet

I’d say the same if we were the other end of the table fighting for Europe

well, given we have already suffered two totally arbitrary point deductions, I can see more being arbitrarily imposed. What's that expression regarding a particular unusual event occurring?: 'once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action'. I believe/contend that the present upper echelons of the PL are Everton's enemy...and further point deductions are imminent.

So just to clarify, if we stay up you think the league are going to say “you know what, nah, we want Everton down so therefore we’re just deducting X amount of points anyway and sending you down”?

well, given we have already suffered two totally arbitrary point deductions, I can see more being arbitrarily imposed. What's that expression regarding a particular unusual event occurring?: 'once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action'. I believe/contend that the present upper echelons of the PL are Everton's enemy...and further point deductions are imminent.
No I don’t believe that they are imminent. The appeal can’t attract a higher punishment because the PL actually sanctioned us and it is us that has appealed it. They either reduce the sanction or it stays the same. The follow up hearing relating to stadium costs (part 2 of the last hearing) if found guilty would only realise a points deduction next season. This season is done unless it changes favourably for us. Why do you think we are the Premier League is specifically Everton’s enemy. What is it specifically about us they don’t like?

No I don’t believe that they are imminent. The appeal can’t attract a higher punishment because the PL actually sanctioned us and it is us that has appealed it. They either reduce the sanction or it stays the same. The follow up hearing relating to stadium costs (part 2 of the last hearing) if found guilty would only realise a points deduction next season. This season is done unless it changes favourably for us. Why do you think we are the Premier League is specifically Everton’s enemy. What is it specifically about us they don’t like?
If you do not think there has been bias (bordering on malice) against Everton in recent seasons, then that's fine: but I happen to think there has been

If you do not think there has been bias (bordering on malice) against Everton in recent seasons, then that's fine: but I happen to think there has been

I don’t even think it’s bias

I think they just don’t care

We’re an unimportant club they felt they could slap around harshly so that they could show the government they didn’t need a regulator

It would have been the same had it been any non top six club I think

They only gave Forest less because they saw the reactions with giving us 10 and realised they had to dial it back a bit

It was a genuine question from me…..I do agree that there has been an agenda, but I don’t think it’s been specifically targeted against us as a club….it could have been any of the none Sly six……it was just that we found ourselves in the firing line.

I think any distance that they were also prepared to go to in terms of sanctioning us was then curtailed by the subsequent media outcry which in itself I think informed some of the IC’s comments and deductions. We all said what a basket case of a club we were, so it’s unsurprising we found ourselves in the firing line.

I cant believe there are people on here still think we might go down to think both Luton and Forest would win 3 games is madness

We are really 16 points clear of Luton and will end up 20 points clear of the relegation zone by the end of the season (without deductions)

I love it, keeps the thread going