Dyche; A Great Achievement?

Yes for me.

It was a poor start, one point from first 5 and then 4 from 7 going into the Bournemouth home game. Then -10 landed 6 weeks later so that could've really condemned the club but instead he got excellent form until things declined in the new year.

Four straight home wins with 0 conceded so start next season like that and it will be comfortable even if the promoted teams are better.

The limitations of his management are what we saw between January-March and they'll be periods like that next season aswell but if the other five months are strong in consistency and results then BMD will see premier league football.

Damn right it's a "great achievement"
The club has been an utter shambles for the last few seasons and the ship urgently needed steadying.
Dyche wouldn't have been my first choice to do that, but when he was appointed I felt that he should be given at least one full season to try to improve us.
Even before the season had started, practically everybody expected us to be involved in yet another relegation scrap.
In fact, results wise, he has us comfortably clear of the relegation zone.
Has he improved us? Absolutely (all be it from that low starting point.) To achieve that in the face of all the off field nonsense is without doubt a "great achievement"
He deserves another full season to see if he can improve us further.
My guess is that he will.

I think he is the manager of the year. It's a remarkable achievement. We couldn't have had a better person in charge.

No club has ever faced a season like this with all that @Eggs describes, this on the back of 2 draining seasons previously.

A huge well done and thanks is due.

In normal circumstances if the club had been solvent - after the 6-0 defeat at Chelsea I called for his head - we looked doomed - how long could many of us be - limited resources 8 points deduction he proved to be the correct manager for us in such a turnaround - plus with injuries in a small squad - my older brother stated after Chelsea - I can't see us winning another game ? - funny old game - he proved he can galvanise a squad of players & get results - plus that tracksuit lol -

His son-in-law after the Chelsea game a red - stated did not realise you were that bad - My older brother said yes we will be relegated - telephoned him after the Derby & went mad at him - you cost us the ruddy league lollol

Yeah it’s one thing arguing about football aesthetics, it would be a completely different discussion if we’d gone down either of these two seasons with the very future of the club in question.

He’s done of the most important jobs of any Everton manager. Moyes guided us brilliantly through a period when we were mortgaged to the hilt with a sell to loan transfer policy and now Dyche is doing the same in similar times. The right managers at the right times for the club
Moyes had - up to 2009 - a very decent spend for a club in the PL. Players were sold but a huge chunk went back to him to recycle. Only after 2009 was he encumbered by a small(er) budget.

Dyche has spent £38M and had sold on him since he arrived £77M worth of players...and I doubt that ratio will change in the next 2 seasons at least.

On style: Ilve seen worse. Much worse. The punting out from the GK is the most obvious example of 'our direct style'. But I see passages of very good outfield play too. The (Kopite) media pundits have got some Evertonians singing from their hymn sheet. They can GTF.

Dyche’s more defensive/set piece style of football isn’t my preference and his late/never substitution policy winds me up no end.

However I honestly don’t know if there are any other managers in world football who could have dealt with all he has had to this season and not only kept the players and fans on board but has even improved the team.

He has been superb at man management, coaching and organization.

I know we're all feeling relieved and happy that we're staying up, but lets not pretend we didn't go on a record breaking run without a win while playing some of the worst football ever seen.

If we put some context to the environment that he has managed in then it's a remarkable job.

My worry with Dyche is that can he take the foot off the pedal and win games by four or five. But that's not an important criticism.

He's built a collective out of this rabble. He's got rid of wasters. We have an identity.

We are hard to beat. We work hard. We generally give most teams a game. We leave everything on the pitch.

These may be basics but for so long we have had teams who I personally couldn't trust. I felt they were in it for them selves and would throw the manager under the bus.

This lot. Honest as the day is long and if we lose, it won't be through a lack of effort.

This is all down to Dyche.

The reality is we didn't win at home against Luton, Wolves or Fulham but we absolutely deserved too. Same for Brighton and to a lesser extent Utd at home.

I can't think of a game this season we've picked up points without deserving too.

I think Dyche is absolutely worthy of lots of credit and respect. We will come to think of him in time as someone of achievement in our dugout.

In normal circumstances if the club had been solvent - after the 6-0 defeat at Chelsea I called for his head - we looked doomed - how long could many of us be - limited resources 8 points deduction he proved to be the correct manager for us in such a turnaround - plus with injuries in a small squad - my older brother stated after Chelsea - I can't see us winning another game ? - funny old game - he proved he can galvanise a squad of players & get results - plus that tracksuit lol -

His son-in-law after the Chelsea game a red - stated did not realise you were that bad - My older brother said yes we will be relegated - telephoned him after the Derby & went mad at him - you cost us the ruddy league lollol
In hindsight I think the Chelsea result did us a huge favour. I think it acted as a wake up call and galvanised Dyche and the squad.

You can thank me and my match thread too btw ;)