Spending cap at last

I didnt realise it was a multiple.

So from summer 2025 the floodgates on spending will open.

This means until then clubs wont want to risk breaking the existing rules and points deductions.

For us then, surely we keep Branthwaite another 12months to sell for a far bigger fee?
Agree if we can get rid of sufficient dead wood to comply with PSR in the meantime

I wonder if this passes does it mean renewed interest in purchasing Everton as there'd only really be one more restricted season, then it's new stadium and the strict limits on spending would be lifted.

How to get turkeys to vote for Newcastle United Christmas:

- Rough up some bottom half sides with points deductions for penny-ante PSR breaches
- Offer a new system that guarantees they'll be kosher with a huge ceiling
- Watch as Newcastle's Saudi owners spend their way to Prem relevance in no time like Mario eating a mushroom

Villa is against because they're competing directly against Newcastle for European places. United and City are looking down the road and seeing how it might be more restrictive that UEFA's wage threshold in the future.

Chelsea abstained because their employees were educated in American schools. They cannot add, subtract, multiply or divide, but they also don't want to admit it.

City would have been fine this year based on 5x. Not sure about Chelsea. There is the additional UEFA ones for clubs in Europe which presumably will help stopping the likes of Newcastle matching scab 6 spending.

But don’t see this levelling the playing field at all. It will never not be a closed shop. Just need them all to F off and finally have their super duper league

A sensible amount to limit it to would be 350 million which would be around a 3.5x factor. That would bring it into line with what Arsenal have spent and that would be fair in my opinion. Arsenal have shown that they have been competitive in both the league and Europe with their spending and by bringing that maximum value down it also evens the spending out with the rest of the league which makes the Premier league more competitive as a whole.

The amount spent by City and Chelsea Is just ridiculous and non competitive when you compare it to the rest of the league. Man utd and Liverpool would also have to tighten their purses in this scenario but you would see a Premier league where clubs outside the super 6 would finally have more of a hope of competing at the top end.

These graphs really speak volumes about how uncompetitive the league is financially. The 14 clubs outside the sky 6 are all very similar in spending, but even If you just added spurs to that even they alone are spending considerably more than any other club in that 14. And the other 5 are spending astronomically more.

Might level the playing field and turn the "entertainment" into a competitive sport again. At least until the corrupt goblins running it all figure out a way of subverting it.

While you've generally been shouted down by the Pessimist Party (guilty myself, in other areas), I share your optimism.

While you've generally been shouted down by the Pessimist Party (guilty myself, in other areas), I share your optimism.
Truth is nobody knows how it will pan out. Odds on the shifty brigade with their fingers in the pie will continue to turn it to there advantage.

I remember in the 80s, football was suffering for lack of money (so they kept saying) ... the trouble is now, there's so much swilling around the game that greedy businessmen with no real interest in the sport, ate involved and have slimed their way to where they can milk it. They're in the game like a cancer and I fear it's incurable. They'll stay till the game dies. It nearly has in my books.