The Demotion of the song Grand Old Team

Should Grand Old Team be restored to prominence again over the numb nuts 'wooo!' song

• Total voters

Spirit of the blues is our tradition too, just slightly more modern, and every other clubs fans hates it cos it’s an absolute banger, and they all know it, especially the RS.

Woooooooooooooooooo!
Well, my initial criticism in the thread was not that SotBs should be scrapped, but that it's use had demoted GOT.

Have your woos if you like. But don't let it oust GOT from it's rightful place.

Well, my initial criticism in the thread was not that SotBs should be scrapped, but that it's use had demoted GOT.

Have your woos if you like. But don't let it oust GOT from it's rightful place.

Personally, I've always felt that GOT is a bit cringe. The fact that it has a line about not caring what the RS say has always been vaguely embarrassing to me

Also, from a practical point of view, it's a song/chant which peters out a lot. It's sung alongside the it being played over the tannoy, but the fact the fans sing it at twice the speed of the actual music makes it sound weird.

Personally, I've always felt that GOT is a bit cringe. The fact that it has a line about not caring what the RS say has always been vaguely embarrassing to me

Also, from a practical point of view, it's a song/chant which peters out a lot. It's sung alongside the it being played over the tannoy, but the fact the fans sing it at twice the speed of the actual music makes it sound weird.
That's a common themes in many anthems of clubs. It's also a common theme in national anthems: GSTQ; Flower of Scotland; the Soldiers Song...they all mention the enemy.

GOT is the Celtic song, sung by the Lions as they headed out onto the pitch at Lisbon in 1967.
IIRC Everton's use predates that and was a song picked up from Liverpool school teams back in the 40s and 50s. St Anthony's, for example, had their own version of it, and I think Everton supporters also used it during that earlier period, probably influenced by childhood songs they'd sung.

It's basically Everton's song that Celtic and Spurs have their own variations of. That's my understanding of it.

Everton used to sing it about whoever the opposition was. Eg, we don't care what Brentford say. Then following week we don't care what Luton say.its easier though just to have the same team name in there