Summer 2024 transfer thread.

….but I thought we finally have a DOF who is responsible for managing the transfer budget, strategy, identifying and acquiring players and contract negotiations. Not sure how Dyche can bring in his own players unless Thelwell is leaving at the end of his contract.
The DoF and the manager will pick the players, this idea that its just the DoF is a bit silly Eggs.

….but I thought we finally have a DOF who is responsible for managing the transfer budget, strategy, identifying and acquiring players and contract negotiations. Not sure how Dyche can bring in his own players unless Thelwell is leaving at the end of his contract.
Have seen stuff about that on thelwell i would be worried if is true, whatever people think on the job he is doing. We really need somebody like him whole thing is a mess

The DoF and the manager will pick the players, this idea that its just the DoF is a bit silly Eggs.

…..I’m sure they discuss requirements, that will probably be more about what positions need strengthening and what type of player is required. Dyche might even suggest a target but ultimately it’s down to the DoF to decide who comes in and who leaves.

….i agree we need somebody but I’m very much in the camp that we don’t need Thelwell.
I am 50/50 i do think coukd have done better and on the other side we dont really kno the full story of the mess here. When we hear last week dyche talking about what was promised before he got here to now. I would be more worried if thelwell was not here because wtf have we even got have no board, just seems we have the dof and a scouting team and manager.

…..I’m sure they discuss requirements, that will probably be more about what positions need strengthening and what type of player is required. Dyche might even suggest a target but ultimately it’s down to the DoF to decide who comes in and who leaves.
Didnt Dyche say in an interview last month that he said no to some signings?

Didnt Dyche say in an interview last month that he said no to some signings?

….not sure but that would be interesting. I’m hearing Dyche is having to do lots of work outside of what’s the normal Managerial scope, so perhaps he is having the say over Thelwell. I’d be happy if that’s the case until we get a new DOF.

….not sure but that would be interesting. I’m hearing Dyche is having to do lots of work outside of what’s the normal Managerial scope, so perhaps he is having the say over Thelwell. I’d be happy if that’s the case until we get a new DOF.
“It wouldn’t have happened on my watch. Trust me. Because I would have been saying ‘No, no, no, no’. Because the health of the club is important to me,” said Dyche.
“I wouldn’t be throwing the club under the bus by saying:‘I am the manager, I need £250 million.’ I would be going: ‘No, how can that work for this club? We cannot afford it.’
“I would be saying: ‘Hold on a minute. I’m not going to be here forever.’

“I would not have let that happen because it would not be good for the club and eventually it is going to hurt the club. I know I can say that because I did that at another club [Burnley]. I can stand true to that.”

“The club needs to be in a healthier position than it has been, so someone has got to jump on the grenade,” said Dyche.
“I didn’t think there was going to be quite as many. I just got my Kevlar vest on. I heard a lot of stories from fans about ‘the truth’.

“If fans are ever asking, ‘Why aren’t you signing him, why aren’t you doing that’ here lies the truth. The accounts come out and they say: ‘OK.’
“Everyone wants a new stadium. That’s fair and right. Goodison is an amazing, historic ground but it is creaking. That costs a lot of money, obviously. The competitive side on the pitch costs a lot of money.
“I was aware of it when I came here. I was not quite aware of all of it, as you can imagine. I certainly wasn’t thinking we would have 10 points taken off us. Look, the hardship is that is the truth. There will still be some asking me why I don’t sign a centre-forward, or like last pre-season why don’t I sign two centre-forwards.

“Well, it costs a lot of money to buy two centre-forwards. We did in the end but by building deals that were future proof. It is the current, ongoing challenge of Everton Football Club.
“That was part of the remit. I’m not crying it in. When I got here they were not saying you are going to get loads of money. Obviously no one in football knew that 10 points [deduction] was coming. All fans were wondering where that came from. But there is no crying it in from me. These are the points we’ve got and these are the points that have been taken away, pending what happens next.
“The demand is high. The demand for the stadium. The demand to help the community. The demand on the pitch. With high demand usually comes high outlays. With high outlays, down the timeline, comes some form of trouble.”

I mean he certainly sounds like somebody who has massive input on transfers.

Revisionism from you, yes.

You're saying just now we shouldn't be loaning the likes of Danjuma - when in the past as I've shown you've been longing for us to sign Danjuma, and even said last summer to me that we'd improved by bringing in Danjuma and Young for Gordon. Look;

No coincidence it was @Zatara who liked that post lol

Oh and by the way, Ouattara cost Bournemouth £20m+ so a complete none starter for us. Just as well - he's scored 2 goals in 43 games.

Easy to quote people whose minds can change on a daily basis.

FWIW @Nymzee saying weve upgraded bringing in Danjuma & Young was clearly a joke.

Gordon was done at Everton though, he downed tools for 1/2 a season. Anything would have been an upgrade.

What'swrong with the players I listed we go back in January exactly?

Danjuma has flopped but Moffi has a good goal record in France and Ouattara has been decent for Bournemouth.

I did, back in July, also think that was an squad upgrade on a very average Anthony Gordon. July 2024? Different answer.

Again, revisionism.
33% of Bournemouths minutes this season. 27 appearances 1 goal 2 assists

I think we are overestimating just how wank 80% of the teams are in this league. It's embarrassing to get relegated.

Everton simply dont do relegation.

Harwood Bellis got hooked at half time this weekend for Southampton! Got skinned by a heavy looking Tyrese Campbell! I'd be very weary of looking to loan someone who is not pulling up trees in the league below after playing in it for 3 consecutive years

Their fans are saying hes their best CB since VVD. They want promotion for obvious reasons but also because then the buy obligation clause kicks in.

"Not pulling up trees" well hes excellent at Southampton and previously Burnley so...

I really don't understand what you are trying to say.......................are you basing this on his age? because he has been brought through in the shelter of being a city academy player?
The fact Burnley didn't want him back for there PL campaign tells you all you need to know about him!
Why name him if you don't know what sort of player he is?
Genuinely Michael Keane makes more sense

If you rate Keane above Harwood-Bellis that explains these two posts...

The choice this season was to improve the striker position whatever people think of the players. We did try for wingers gnonto asprilla ect and ofc should be top of the list of positons we need. Sure ouattara picked them and we also walked away because of the price

His club had the same owners as Bournemouth which is why he went there.

People slate Gnonto but he'd have been a far better option for us than Doucoure and Harrison. Asprilla i think was a big miss.

Looking at Dyche's body of work at Burnley and clear imput with Young...

...i hope hes nowhere near signings.

33% of Bournemouths minutes this season. 27 appearances 1 goal 2 assists

So because of numbers hes poor?

Hes a good player. He would have been a good player for us.