Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EDL loving ghouls. Imagine being from Luton and trying to give it large to anyone. It is an absolute dive. The worst place on the planet I've had the misfortune of visiting, and I've been to Mumbai.
In fairness Luton has some great umm, actually it is a really clean amm, but it is very safe to ehhh, the people there are quite ahh..
Screenshot_20240503-030431~2.png

Last edited:
I wonder what team gets played, personally I want to win but I get the fact Dyce might want to give some of the fringe players a start.

I wonder what team gets played, personally I want to win but I get the fact Dyce might want to give some of the fringe players a start.
Obviously I want us to win the quadruple next season and go on to dominate Europe thereafter, but given the reality that we may face another relegation dogfight next season, who would we rather be up against: Forest or Luton? For me, Luton are the weaker side. Now obviously I want us to win this game 5-0, but in the event that we lose the game I will be rooting for Forest to go down and taking some comfort from that.

Obviously I want us to win the quadruple next season and go on to dominate Europe thereafter, but given the reality that we may face another relegation dogfight next season, who would we rather be up against: Forest or Luton? For me, Luton are the weaker side. Now obviously I want us to win this game 5-0, but in the event that we lose the game I will be rooting for Forest to go down and taking some comfort from that.
It would be funniest if Forest went down, purely for all the moaning they did about the pens. Also for being so salty about their 4 point deduction when we got 10. But then, for Forest to go down, one of either Burnley or Luton would have to stay up. Burnley, who opened Pandora's box by complanning to the PL about our finances in the first place, or Luton, with their CEO Gary Sweet, who was demanding our deduction to be far greater... Can't they all be relegated?

It would be funniest if Forest went down, purely for all the moaning they did about the pens. Also for being so salty about their 4 point deduction when we got 10. But then, for Forest to go down, one of either Burnley or Luton would have to stay up. Burnley, who opened Pandora's box by complanning to the PL about our finances in the first place, or Luton, with their CEO Gary Sweet, who was demanding our deduction to be far greater... Can't they all be relegated?
Don’t be giving the PL ideas. They’ll be changing the rules to say four teams go down if we finish 17th.

Tonight I fear we won't get anything tonight. With the takeover in the background, the fact we are mathematically safe (barring any pl appeal hearing rubbish), and seemingly the players only giving up a fight every few games. Luton will be up for this. Can't see anything positive tonight.

What used to be a predictable easier win, is now not so.

This is what this club has done to me. Knocked any ounce of positivity out of me.

Sorry lads. The old reverse psychology trick. Say something and the opposite happens. 3-1 us tonight.

In the last three seasons including this latest one,we've only played one other game where we are safe from relegation I'm thinking, Arsenal May 22.
That is remarkable really.
Tonight matters to me, I'm tired of watching out for other results from clubs around us, and yes,on occasions hoping those lot do us a favour.
I read in an earlier post it's our turn to turn up for all the other clubs in the battle, and that's right. Personally I'd like Forest to go, but nothing less from Everton than 100% is a must.

In the last three seasons including this latest one,we've only played one other game where we are safe from relegation I'm thinking, Arsenal May 22.
That is remarkable really.
Tonight matters to me, I'm tired of watching out for other results from clubs around us, and yes,on occasions hoping those lot do us a favour.
I read in an earlier post it's our turn to turn up for all the other clubs in the battle, and that's right. Personally I'd like Forest to go, but nothing less from Everton than 100% is a must.
Is this true?