Match Thread Arsenal vs Everton - Preview, Discussion, Match Report & MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been listening to pundits talking about City and Arsenal and the outcome of the PL all week and not one has even
mentioned Everton having a part in it. A couple did talk about the scenario of West Ham scoring first.
A commentator before the Spurs/ City match said 'If City lose or draw this match Arsenal will be crowned PL winners on Saturday.
Honestly. I didn't take kindly to everyone assuming Arsenal will pam us. Likely win yes, but no one expected the RS to fall to Crystal Meth FC. It's not impossible to get a result.

For this match Id really just like to see us looking to next season.

Id go with:

Virginia
Coleman Tarks Branthwaite Young
Dobbin Onana Garner McNeil
Chermiti Beto
Id like to see either Chermiti or McNeil play the whole match in the "Doucoure" role, and Id really like to see what Chermiti can do as a second striker as that may be his strength. If not, then Id prefer Chermiti uptop with McNeil in the middle behind him, and just give Mills or someone a start on the wing. We arent going to win it, so its the chance to see what some of them can do with a full 90 minutes.

I hope man city lose.

And we beat arsenal as well. A 5-0 win should be the cherry on the premier league cake. Up yours sly 6 and sly TV.

Can’t see it happening but it’d be great we finished the season with only 2 defeats in the last 10. Even if we do get beat, 17 out of 30 points is European form. After 10 games at the start, 17pts was 6th.

My XI:

Virginia

Coleman
- Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Young

Garner
---------- Onana

Doucoure
--------- McNeil --------- Danjuma

Beto

Chermiti & Dobbin to get at least 20 mins in the second half. Warrington to get 10-ish minutes at the end also.

In reality it'll be nothing like this.. but whatever ha.

For this match Id really just like to see us looking to next season.

Id go with:

Virginia
Coleman Tarks Branthwaite Young
Dobbin Onana Garner McNeil
Chermiti Beto
Id like to see either Chermiti or McNeil play the whole match in the "Doucoure" role, and Id really like to see what Chermiti can do as a second striker as that may be his strength. If not, then Id prefer Chermiti uptop with McNeil in the middle behind him, and just give Mills or someone a start on the wing. We arent going to win it, so its the chance to see what some of them can do with a full 90 minutes.
If we're looking to next year why would we play Branthwaite and Onana, both of whom are almost certain to leave us in the next few months?

IMG_9069.jpeg

….i do wonder about this fella’s close friendship with Kroenke and Moshiri’s/Usmanov’s long-running conflict with Arsenal.

Be great if City slipped up but Arsenal couldn’t break our impressive defences!

All to an audio and visual background of Premier League corruption cards, banners and chants. Sweet icing on the PooCake that we’ve been served up this season :D

Arsenal vs Everton​

It is unlikely that Arsenal win the title on Sunday, the Gunners a best price of 9/1 to do so. But, they have to at least do they job, just in case City do slip up. Mikel Arteta's side should do just that, even if the Toffees are finishing the season in red-hot fashion.

Sean Dyche's men have won five and lost just one of their last seven, though are winless in 10 away league games, losing six. Only one of those defeats was a shellacking though (6-0 at Chelsea), meaning an Arsenal win and Under 3.5 goals did appeal at 7/5, but with it being the final day I don't really want to oppose goals if I can avoid it!

Score prediction: Arsenal 3-0 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 10/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back