Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Love a loan with option to buy. Hands down the best way to sign a player, especially when they are Premier League unproven.

It’s decent negotiating getting an option instead of an obligation for someone you’d assume was high up on our list given the time of year.

Loan fee s decent to, usually a club looks for a year of Ammortisation.

Hopefully he’s good.

Just reading some interview with a Danish footie expert https://www.everton.news/danish-foo...r-lindstrom-as-he-gets-ready-to-join-everton/

''Napoli bought him to play wide, which is just not his position. He isn’t fast enough or a good enough dribbler to play effectively as a winger. He needs to play centrally in order to utilize his strengths and come into areas where he can help the team the most.''
So exactly like Ndiaye then. As I said this morning, why do we sign players and shoehorn them in positions where they’re less affective?

Pretty sure he flopped at Napoli cos they tried to play him out wide.

Same as Ndiaye at OM.
Exactly this. They both seem to have excelled in the middle, 10 role, and stunk the place out when shoehorned out of position. So why have we signed both? You could also argue McNeil also plays better in that same role also rather than left wing. Our transfer strategy baffles me at times.

Exactly this. They both seem to have excelled in the middle, 10 role, and stunk the place out when shoehorned out of position. So why have we signed both? You could also argue McNeil also plays better in that same role also rather than left wing. Our transfer strategy baffles me at times.
I don't wanna complain too much, we needed attacking players and we have signed 2. I just worry, like you, that we aren't giving these lads a chance to truly shine.

But the proof will be in the pudding, hopefully both of them smash it and it's a moot point.

Dyche teams play pretty narrow most of the time. He’ll want both outside midfielders to be defensively aware. One with pace. One with some creativity. But they are on a leash.

We aren’t going to play wingers.
Then we need to sell DCL. His whole MO is getting on the end of crosses from out wide. We also tried to recruit Minteh, who is as natural a winger as you’ll see. Again, the recruitment strategy seems muddled to me.

Absolutkey no problem signing a couple of 10s/wide forwards.

We need flair, creativity and guile. It’s been a priority area to strengthen in the side for me since Richarlison and Gordon left.

We also need a deeper squad, she’s a 20 man game these days and we’ve been light on live options the past couple of seasons

Hopefully we do more as well.

Very happy with the areas we’re trying to strengthen.

Last edited:
Then we need to sell DCL. His whole MO is getting on the end of crosses from out wide. We also tried to recruit Minteh, who is as natural a winger as you’ll see. Again, the recruitment strategy seems muddled to me.
Dyche uses DCL to knock down long balls and try to bring the midfield into the attack. He has his wide midfielders tuck inside closer to the striker instead of overlap.

DCL is actually pretty good at it. We just haven’t had anybody around him to capitalize. I think Lindstrom and Ndiaye are the planned solution.

If we can get a holding midfielder who can complete a forward pass, we won’t have to rely on DCL for that as much.

I don't wanna complain too much, we needed attacking players and we have signed 2. I just worry, like you, that we aren't giving these lads a chance to truly shine.

But the proof will be in the pudding, hopefully both of them smash it and it's a moot point.
Only fair to give the manager a chance to see what he’s got in mind though isn’t it ?

I share similar thoughts to you but we’re just people randomly speculating on the internet and I appreciate it’s an alien concept to Evertonians like us but the manager might just have a plan .

The additions to the squad certainly help but we’ve no idea if he’s spoken to the players , where they want to play or anything .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.