New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch his football at newcastle like? God awful. Even the newcastle fans say that. Sold a couple of players for big money so had negative net spend big whoop, he still spent loads to get them 13th in the table.

He also took them over when they were one point off safety with a game in hand and didn't do his job of saving them.

Could then also look at his record in China.

And also the way he left many of his previous clubs.
he was given a side in the relegation zone and then wasn't given any money. under those conditions I think he did very well.
His record speaks for itself, he's actually won real proper trophies at nearly every club he's been at. Actually winning stuff is as rare as hens teeth around here, so I just can't get my head around the hysteria.

if you extrapolate the games he had with them in his relegation season he'd have got them to above mid table, but he took them over when they were already down there. And no, he had his players sold out from under him, and got them up on a negative spend.
They brought him in to save them from relegation and he failed mate.

That's a Rafael FACT.

I guarantee they still had the biggest wage bill for that season they won the championship. It's not a feather in his cap.

Newcastle admit they took a "financial gamble" to win promotion back to the Premier League, with their wage bill in the 2016-17 season the highest in Football League history.

New figures show they paid wages of £112.2m, almost double the Championship's other promoted clubs, Brighton and Huddersfield, combined.

Yeah let's give him credit for winning a league where he outset his competitions twice over.

That’s his most managerial post, surely that’s the best indication of how he’s done relative to advances in tactics since he wom the the champs league with them.
no, I think the only thing we can draw from his time in China is £12m quid in his sky rocket.

he was given a side in the relegation zone and then wasn't given any money. under those conditions I think he did very well.
His record speaks for itself, he's actually won real proper trophies at nearly every club he's been at. Actually winning stuff is as rare as hens teeth around here, so I just can't get my head around the hysteria.
He took over in March so how was he going to spend any money? They didn't win a match his first month.

Sunderland, yes League one Sunderland, managed to stay up but he couldn't do it.

He hasn't won anything at his last 3 clubs or in the last 8 years pal.

It wasn't the transfer window, why would they give him money?

There was then only 2 big money sales of wijinaldum and sissoko (who the fans were happy to see the back of). And Townshend if you want to include him but he had only been there 6 months anyway. The rest left for free or for a million or so. He then spent near £60m as a relegated team which is a lot compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.