New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We would prefer that another club gave him a chance. Would you have him back?
tumblr_ls4n1bG1Ev1qaid3h.gif

Serious question for some here, is Benitez's "small club" remark the only thing that disqualifies him in your opinion? If he had never made it, would you still view it the same way?

….i admit it’s the key issue for me.

He tried to publicly humiliate & belittle a club he now wants to join. There are plenty of options for us, we have to maintain our self-respect so his comments mean zero tolerance as far as I’m concerned.

He tried to publicly humiliate & belittle a club he now wants to join. There are plenty of options for us, we have to maintain our self-respect so his comments mean zero tolerance as far as I’m concerned.

I don't think it was as sinister as your implying. It was a throwaway comment from him at a time he was clearly upset that we had frustrated him. And it happened like 14 years ago and he since retracted it even before being linked with the club

That's the least important part for me. I expect managers to do little digs to their local rivals. Our ex manager took a swipe at Madrid over the super league and then joined them. There are no principles in football, just those with results and trophies and those without.

Besides which he's won frig all for beards.

Status
Not open for further replies.