New Everton Stadium Discussion

They'll have a good view of the aesthetic disaster then.

To me it's always looked like a leisure centre in Uttoxeter or some such place. The location is the only saving grace (no pun intended).

TBH, I quite like it. However, having had a lot of experience with architectural renders, it can be quite different in reality when the materials are in situ. The shape I don't mind, I have seen much worse, and I can kind of understand the whole 'rising from the docks' think and the 'blue wave', though I suppose in many cases you may have to be in board with those sentiments before liking it.

End of the day, its a stadium and will always be more about what happens inside than outside, but yeah, that building anywhere else would look out of place, maybe that's what I like about it, the building and the location are symbiotic.... a bit like Everton and the city.

Oh, and this is a leisure centre in Uttoxeter...... :D

1631190126653.png

TBH, I quite like it. However, having had a lot of experience with architectural renders, it can be quite different in reality when the materials are in situ. The shape I don't mind, I have seen much worse, and I can kind of understand the whole 'rising from the docks' think and the 'blue wave', though I suppose in many cases you may have to be in board with those sentiments before liking it.

End of the day, its a stadium and will always be more about what happens inside than outside, but yeah, that building anywhere else would look out of place, maybe that's what I like about it, the building and the location are symbiotic.... a bit like Everton and the city.

Oh, and this is a leisure centre in Uttoxeter...... :D

View attachment 138476
Sorry, I meant Scunthorpe Leisure Centre.

images

They'll have a good view of the aesthetic disaster then.

To me it's always looked like a leisure centre in Uttoxeter or some such place. The location is the only saving grace (no pun intended).
I've never aesthetic liked Goodison. It looks squeezed in, and even as a child it looked outdated.

However I love Goodison Park. Because it's more than just a building. Bramley Moore will be the same, once we start creating memories in it.

I've never aesthetic liked Goodison. It looks squeezed in, and even as a child it looked outdated.

However I love Goodison Park. Because it's more than just a building. Bramley Moore will be the same, once we start creating memories in it.

I am with you on all that, it was the atmosphere generated inside.

Ignore DaveK he is just waiting for a diaster to hit the club so he can say "I told you so".

Goodison Park is rubbish, let's be honest, but we all love it cus we love Everton. But what's good about thousands of obstructed views due to pillars, thousands more obstructed views in the rear rows of Lower Gwladys and Lower Bullens due to the upper stands, abysmal queues for terrible quality refreshments at the break, rank, filthy toilets again with huge queues, and having no decent transportation links to get to the ground? All in all, all Goodison offers is the fact that it, many moons ago, was one of the best stadia in the country, and literally generations ago saw us actually compete to win things, all of which are now distant memories.

We've needed an upgrade for decades and finally we're getting one. Looks like it'll be boss so won't find me complaining!