2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Benitez is a supporter of whatever club he is managing at a particular time but is not really a big supporter of any club .
You can understand that he was help in high regard by Liverpool supporters, look what he won for them.
Evertonians could not hold HK in any higher esteem and that is because of what he did for the club. But, I don't think he is worried about the legacy he leaves behind or at least would not let that legacy interfere with a job opportunity that may arise.

Benitez is a gun for hire, trying to make whatever club he is managing as good as possible.
He is the same at mealtime

Giphy is the place for all the best cat gifs.

Beam me up, Scotty.....

giphy.gif

Edit. Is it sad that I am sat at my desk chuckling away at that gif?
Hahaha, what makes me laugh with them is someones sat there and had that thought then taken the time to make it. Absolute heroes to a man

….a few players have spoken about ‘preparing all week’ for specific opposition. I like that, but my concern is he’s got things quite wrong for a few games. Prepare all week for Burnley but the plan to play 3 CBs is so wrong he has to change things significantly. Not sure I’d ever want 3 CBs because of how Burnley play.

I like preparation and I think he’s a decent coach, yet the games have shown anomalies. I certainly think he’s a proper football man. I suppose it’s encouraging he’s got things wrong and we’ve still done well as far as points are concerned.

….a few players have spoken about ‘preparing all week’ for specific opposition. I like that, but my concern is he’s got things quite wrong for a few games. Prepare all week for Burnley but the plan to play 3 CBs is so wrong he has to change things significantly. Not sure I’d ever want 3 CBs because of how Burnley play.

I like preparation and I think he’s a decent coach, yet the games have shown anomalies. I certainly think he’s a proper football man. I suppose it’s encouraging he’s got things wrong and we’ve still done well as far as points are concerned.
That's why you train though. That's why a manager is required to attend and lead training. The players knew what to do the moment the formation changed. They didn't panic and showed resilience.

He did get it wrong, but they're prepared for several scenarios...

It won't always end well mind...

But it's a good sign they seemingly trust him.

Good to see the boss being backed up because “he’s behind you”.
Love that moment, when you say to a Kick off Kopite that 'Rafael is an Evertonian' and he is not that arsed about Liverpool, otherwise he wouldn't have taken a job at Everton. They quickly get angry, the record I heard was 'bitter' said 14 times in 2 minutes, a smashed wall, and 2 broken knuckles from said wall.

That's why you train though. That's why a manager is required to attend and lead training. The players knew what to do the moment the formation changed. They didn't panic and showed resilience.

He did get it wrong, but they're prepared for several scenarios...

It won't always end well mind...

But it's a good sign they seemingly trust him.

…the individual coaching an expectation kicks in, like Gray and Townsend being encouraged to run into central areas and score goals, like Doucoure to get involved further up the pitch.

I’m more impressed with the individual tuition to this point than how the team is specifically set up for a game.

Come on mate he made one change Godfrey for Gomes and changed formation.

People are carrying on like he had to make 3 subs.

Its constant moaning at anything that isn't perfect to justify not taking to the guy that is whats frustrating for me - we win 3-1 and fans are moaning they scored first etc.

He played 3 at the back against Burnley at Newcastle and also won that game so I wouldn't say he got it "wrong".

The players for me were not aggressive enough first half and let Burnley take initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.