A divided fan base still when we are playing great football

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GrandOldTeam

This gentleman seems to think this magnificent forum is not representative of Everton's fanbase.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

What say you?
We're arguing like a dysfunctional family, so I think that makes us completely representative.

It's one thing if you're sitting thousands of miles away, another if you're in Bootle or Walton. Those of us who haven't lived the life of watching the FSW lead the RS to the point they were having worshipful marches down their own personal street can't see Rafael with the same eyes as those who witnessed the atrocities of the oughts first hand, right next door. For all we know, we could look up one day in the undefined future and see the Klopper wiping his watery eyes and grimacing while seated next to Nev.

Tell me I'm wrong. Life's like that.

That said, we are where we are, and my nature is to nod when Al Davis says "just win, baby." Hardware doesn't arrive with style points engraved on the plate, or a manager's name.

There's just room enough for a club name.

That's enough for me. Others may differ. Love you, mate. I get where you are.

Rafael has not divided the fanbase. He has divided the fans on online forums like this which is deffo not representative of the fan base and never will be. The fanbase is the crowd who pack into Goodision to support their team. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.

@GrandOldTeam

This gentleman seems to think this magnificent forum is not representative of Everton's fanbase.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

What say you?

Commented on this a few times before.

So I'll be lazy and copy and paste.

Today we'll have more Evertonians visit than who will visit Goodison on the opening day of the season.

In the next week, we'll have more Evertonians visit this website than those that visit Goodison over the course of the season.

Forums attract a certain demographic/mindset of fans, but that doesn't devalue the opinion and that opinion is worth no less than 31,500 season ticket holders. Many of them season ticket holders, myself included are members of this forum.

People act differently online too. I mean, I'll say Iwobi isn't good enough on here but at Goodison I wouldn't be shouting that, I'd be supporting him.

Evertonians are representative of Evertonians.

But we haven't been the worst side for 60 minutes in our games. Burnley were marginally better than us for an hour. We then improved and then drilled them 3-1. You're making out that we've been snatching results at the death.
I would say it was more even but we needed to be better in that period. That been said he was shaping to change the formation and tactics just before our equaliser and I imagine it would have happened if they hadn’t scored too.

Most matches ebb and flow. We are not good enough to dominate games in the league from start to finish, like say a City or Chelsea might. You have to accept that for spells we will be second best. Character and tactical nouse was the deciding factor on Monday - that is positive - because both have been severely lacking for nearly a decade

Which is fine, against quality teams or teams who at least have a good threat and are known to be good on the ball. I completely agere with that, we aren't going to be dominating games from start to finish. 60mins against a team who played up to their stereotype more than I've ever seen, giving them as much time as they want. i am not deluded to think Burnley wont get any chances, ofcourse they will, they play pure allardyce percentage football and as he showed when with us, percentage football gets goals and sometimes results.

Nobody is expecting us to turn into Man City against Burnley. I dont think it's unfair to expect Everton to look somewhat like a football team though for MOST of a game against Burnley. It doesn't mean we wont concede or have bad moments but we shouldn't be letting Burnley dictate a game at Goodison Park. I dont think any of that expectation is unreasonable. We aren't guaranteed a win but I expect us to at least look somewhat competant for 2/3rds of a game rather than 1/3rd...

Status
Not open for further replies.