Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game should be a good barometer of the progress made under Benitez.
Personally I think it's a 50/50 game and none of the 3 results would surprise me. No doubt we are capable of winning this one but I suspect that Villa will be quietly confident too.
They played well against Chelsea and still got spanked.
They will come at us enabling us to play on the break.
Going to sit on the fence and say 1-1.
Maybe a draw, not to be shrugged off away, we are on course for at least 12 points before Utd game, which is where we should be. As for Villa, life after Grealish will need to be a quick learning curve.

I'm going to this tomorrow, sat with the Villa fans though so will have to be behaved!

If anyone can recommend a decent pub where there'll be blues it'd be much appreciated! Would also love to say hello to anyone who likes face to human interaction as well<3
The Witton Arms, it's a five minute walk from villas ground. Walk down from the away turnstiles to a roundabout I think, it's just by there on your right.
The pubs half villa half efc, the gate on the left has doormen on for the blues. Think it's 2 quid to get in, you walk down the alleyway and the Everton sections at the back, large screen, marquee in case of rain.
It used to be called the cap and gown but changed its name a few years back.

play this team and we will win the league lol
FB_IMG_1631957663263.jpg

What worries me when you look at that is we have a lot of cover apart from one spot, Lucas Digne, who lets be honest has been poor all season but is an auto start because of lack of options

Yeah LB is my worry which is why I'd be looking at giving an out of contract player a contract until the end of the season. There isn't even anyone suitable in the u23s.

Actually, he said Villa will be motivated. Of Everton, he said “hopefully” we can get a result and keep our run going. It shouldn’t really need saying that a professional football team will be motivated, but we’ve all wondered about that at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.