2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they prioritise league points over Cup progression but fans generally disagree.

Can anyone explain why we need to rotate ahead of Saturday? What benefit will it bring? Will it seriously improve our league performance? I dont understand it. Who cares whether we come 9th rather than 10th or whatever.

Our club needs a trophy. The manager has got it completely wrong and is out of touch.
See Benitez doesn't care what we value. He's going to do what he going to do to keep his Job. If we got knocked out in that round or the quarter final will be a forgotten memory but keeping whats left of his C team that we are down to was prioritised to get a result v Norwich. Lost a few more players before that then we could likely be in trouble v Norwich then United after that and then In for a loooong International break.

We will get over that if we are healthy concerning the league. We aren't good enough to battle on all fronts with our squad. Never mind the fact it now has no strikers, no keeper, no RB.

Lost on pens with a C team to a team flying in the championship. Hurts. We move on. In 6th. Let's hope we can get a result against Norwich.

IBWT

His one shot at a big Cloub lasted 7 months.
Been a downward career spiral since then until we decided to throw millions at him because he was out of work and local.
He's been at many big clubs. Or is the biggest club in the world your barometer for that title to fit a narrative. Like the unfounded target of Europe to which we have no right to be expecting but we all know we won't only for it to fit the 'wanting Ben to fail' narrative.

Last edited:

They played Chelsea B. Tuchel rotated the entire outfield. Only Kepa stayed from Sunday. This is probably because most every Chelsea manager starts the season with the knowledge that there are exactly two pieces of silverware that will save his job, and domestic cups aren't on the list.

As far as Benitez goes, we have had successive European Cup-winning managers have a promising start derailed by injuries. This suggests to me that the managers are/were not the problem.

Chelsea B is better than most PL A’s

Dont blame him for Tuesdays result. Cannot agree with those who say he should have played allan, doucoure, gray. this panel is poor. We can see that. So premiership is priority this season. He need to keep the main players for premiership. Too many injuries to first 11 and we will be falling down the table quickly. Having to play davis, jj kenny holgate in the premiership is madness. He has a thread bare squad anyway and now add injuries. No transfer funds, Had to off load james, have a number 10 unavailable etc.
He is not my favourite but he gets my backing due to the ridiculous situation he is in and the utter crap players on the outer fringes of the first 11.

Dont blame him for Tuesdays result. Cannot agree with those who say he should have played allan, doucoure, gray. this panel is poor. We can see that. So premiership is priority this season. He need to keep the main players for premiership. Too many injuries to first 11 and we will be falling down the table quickly. Having to play davis, jj kenny holgate in the premiership is madness. He has a thread bare squad anyway and now add injuries. No transfer funds, Had to off load james, have a number 10 unavailable etc.
He is not my favourite but he gets my backing due to the ridiculous situation he is in and the utter crap players on the outer fringes of the first 11.

Do you think this squad gets us into Europe this season?

See Benitez doesn't care what we value. He's going to do what he going to do to keep his Job. If we got knocked out in that round or the quarter final will be a forgotten memory but keeping whats left of his C team that we are down to was prioritised to get a result v Norwich. Lost a few more players before that then we could likely be in trouble v Norwich then United after that and then In for a loooong International break.

We will get over that if we are healthy concerning the league. We aren't good enough to battle on all fronts with our squad. Never mind the fact it now has no strikers, no keeper, no RB.

Lost on pens with a C team to a team flying in the championship. Hurts. We move on. In 6th. Let's hope we can get a result against Norwich.

IBWT
Flying? They are 8th with one win in five games!

Status
Not open for further replies.