2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not perfect, thats not my position anyway. He has many faults... once hes got the squad ticking, he will be asking the board for more. It may lead to a strained relationship with them...

But give him time and see if he can make some real progress.
After the villa game (even the Burnley one) there was a lot of undue criticism about the way we played... Some were even calling for the sack... That's not right.
Does that really surpise anyone regarding what your saying the undue criticism and calling for the sack , unfortunately that's the nature of the beast employing benitez .
Whether you like it or not the reality is that's how it's going to be

So the squad is as good this season, yeh?

I think it’s probably around the same. We don’t have a competent backup keeper this season, but splitting hairs really because he should barely play anyway. I also think James on his day is a wonderful player who we benefited from having last season and if he’d been fit and motivated to play for us, would’ve made us significantly stronger this season. But all in all I can see us finishing around mid table again like Carlo did twice.

I think it’s probably around the same. We don’t have a competent backup keeper this season, but splitting hairs really because he should barely play anyway. I also think James on his day is a wonderful player who we benefited from having last season and if he’d been fit and motivated to play for us, would’ve made us significantly stronger this season. But all in all I can see us finishing around mid table again like Carlo did twice.

Yeh all I was getting at originally was whatever expectations and judgements were on Carlo last 2 years, same should go for Benitez.

Twas the same for Ancelotti mate, yet many of those who were hanging him out to dry when things went pearshaped due to the injuries can't get far enough up Benitezs hoop now?! Zero consistency.

Doucoure, Allan and James were very good last year - before the injuries.

Townsend and gray have been great this year, with the Duke, Allan and Mina for me.

Lets hope we get a fair shake of the injuries this season and we will do ok.

I want Everton to do well, and we've made an ok start under Benitez, but I don't think I'll ever like the fella or his brand of football.

Doesn't mean I want Everton to get beat or that I can't admire what Benitez hopefully achieves with us.
Ancelotti had the cash and the time to impliment change here...he just didn't have anther vital commodity: inclination.

He was a wastrel who - along with Koeman, Silva, Allardyce and Brands has left Benitez with a shedload of problems to deal with before he can make progress with us.

Does that really surpise anyone regarding what your saying the undue criticism and calling for the sack , unfortunately that's the nature of the beast employing benitez .
Whether you like it or not the reality is that's how it's going to be

But those same fans have to accept they'll be pulled up by the supporters who have no agenda towards the manager.

If in 3 years time he hasn't gotten us into europe despite spending £200 million then by all means he deserves criticism but 6 games in, 1 defeat & 1 point off top on a shoestring budget he deserves our support.

Again I'm just repeating myself but I think the quality of the first team is greatly underestimated, there's some real crap around like Kenny, Davies, Tosun and Delph we all agree on that but the whole squad only needs a right back and a winger and that's about it. If the likes of Mina, Allan, Doucoure stay fit this season then that adds a massive amount compared to last year. We certainly lack depth that's obvious but at least 10 players in that squad that are good enough for what we want to do that's all I'm saying. I said at the start that unless there's an injury crisis or we get absolutely no one in January that criticism of Benitez would be unfair but I think these players are more than good enough and are at the right age that they can challenge here, it's on Benitez to ensure that it comes to fruition.
The starting CBs are all second rate for a kick off. And in other positions it doesn';t take much to make us understrength when we get an injury.

I repeat: this squad is not fit for purpose.

There's no large amounts of cash to accelerate us out of that, so we need to hand the manager the other thing: time.

Ancelotti had the cash and the time to impliment change here...he just didn't have anther vital commodity: inclination.

He was a wastrel who - along with Koeman, Silva, Allardyce and Brands has left Benitez with a shedload of problems to deal with before he can make progress with us.
Utter parody.

"Carlo" bought Doucs and Allan who have been utterly vital in our winning start to this season, calling him a wastrel is so off the mark its unreal.

Godfrey has also been a wonderful addition and James was central in us claiming our first win at Anfield in 50 years.

The desire to call Ancelotti all sorts cos he had the nerve to leave us fighting for 8th to go and win Trophies in Madrid is vomit inducing.

He failed as a manager here due to his lack of desire, but the players "he" brought in will serve us for a number of years.

We dont have money cos Ancelotti spent 60m on 4 players, hes not to blame.

He's not perfect, thats not my position anyway. He has many faults... once hes got the squad ticking, he will be asking the board for more. It may lead to a strained relationship with them...

But give him time and see if he can make some real progress.
After the villa game (even the Burnley one) there was a lot of undue criticism about the way we played... Some were even calling for the sack... That's not right.
Anyone calling for a manager to be sacked following one loss in six games has lost their minds, and I suspect that they were not entirely serious. The time to judge how a season is truly going is after the busy christmas period. After that, and the January FA cup tie, we will have a clearer picture of where we are as we will have played everybody at least once and our squad will have been tested by suspensions and injuries. Once again, for the record, we have had a good start.

The starting CBs are all second rate for a kick off. And in other positions it doesn';t take much to make us understrength when we get an injury.

I repeat: this squad is not fit for purpose.

There's no large amounts of cash to accelerate us out of that, so we need to hand the manager the other thing: time.
Utter horse manure, our CBs are as good as 95% of the CBs in the league and more than able to be part of a team to fight for top 4.

Utter parody.

"Carlo" bought Doucs and Allan who have been utterly vital in our winning start to this season, calling him a wastrel is so off the mark its unreal.

Godfrey has also been a wonderful addition and James was central in us claiming our first win at Anfield in 50 years.

The desire to call Ancelotti all sorts cos he had the nerve to leave us fighting for 8th to go and win Trophies in Madrid is vomit inducing.

He failed as a manager here due to his lack of desire, but the players "he" brought in will serve us for a number of years.

We dont have money cos Ancelotti spent 60m on 4 players, hes not to blame.
I appear to have touched a nerve.

Your hero has gone. He was 'kin rubbish and spent a fortune to get us 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.