2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got to admit, when we signed him I thought he was just a player with a decent shot who should have dropped down to the championship. Since the start of the season he's looked more like captain material to me.

You have to quote them, call them out

Just for the record I have already acknowledged I got it wrong. This is a post from after the Burnley game. I know I've also done similar posts in the Gray thread. One thing about me is I'm not afraid to admit when I get it wrong.
He has that in his locker and he's rattled the woodwork a few times since the beginning of pre-season.

Was underwhelmed by this signing but he's proved me wrong so far. Hope he can maintain consistency
I'd also add a proviso that we're only 2 months into a very long season. Both Gray and Townsend have been very good so far and long may it continue. But it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that either or both of these players' fortunes may turn, and many posters currently praising them to the hilt could be the same people baying for their blood by the end of the season. You just need to look at the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Bernard and, dare I say James, if you want evidence of how quickly fortunes can change.

Just for the record I have already acknowledged I got it wrong. This is a post from after the Burnley game. I know I've also done similar posts in the Gray thread. One thing about me is I'm not afraid to admit when I get it wrong.

I'd also add a proviso that we're only 2 months into a very long season. Both Gray and Townsend have been very good so far and long may it continue. But it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that either or both of these players' fortunes may turn, and many posters currently praising them to the hilt could be the same people baying for their blood by the end of the season. You just need to look at the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Bernard and, dare I say James, if you want evidence of how quickly fortunes can change.

We're just having a laugh mate

Status
Not open for further replies.