2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there you go, he has had covid, it has had an effect on him, he is playing rubbish and that could by one factor. As much as well all want him to be doing well he just isnt

He had COVID but we have no idea of his vaccination status.

He definitely struggled physically in the first few weeks and that's understandable. It effects everybody differently and given Godfrey's main strengths are his physical attributes, it's logical that a respiratory/vascular illness would impact those.

He's gradually getting sharper. He looked better v Man Utd, albeit playing out of position. He had a pretty poor game the other day but the whole team did, from the manager to the players. So he needs time and patience. We afford it to tosh, so let's afford it to a quality youngster and try and stop moving him around the pitch to cover for others.

He's gradually getting sharper. He looked better v Man Utd, albeit playing out of position. He had a pretty poor game the other day but the whole team did, from the manager to the players. So he needs time and patience. We afford it to tosh, so let's afford it to a quality youngster and try and stop moving him around the pitch to cover for others.
He is covering others because of lack of squad depth, its either that or bench, personaly i think the game time he is getting is only going to benefit his fitness levels, and such as the weekend just gone, if either Mina or Keane dont start he can cover them too, very useful squad player is Ben

If I have to watch Keane playing instead of Mina + Godfrey for another game i think im going to lose my temper.

Keane MOTM Sunday, better than Godfrey at the moment
Unfortunately yes,sums up just about where we are at the minute,yep decent last week but to be brutal he is a pretty average PL centre back,put it this way if he was available who would come in for him? certainly none of the top six or even eight teams of which we aspire to.

Non of the CH's are top 6 Prem CH's. They all individually have good games occasionally but no one can put a consistent run together, is it maybe because of the chopping and changing?? keane/Mina best of the bunch at moment

Non of the CH's are top 6 Prem CH's. They all individually have good games occasionally but no one can put a consistent run together, is it maybe because of the chopping and changing?? keane/Mina best of the bunch at moment

Mina is one of the best centre backs in the league and Godfrey is potentially the next great English centre back.

No idea why youre trumpeting an utter Oaf.

Well we all thought that about Holgate 2 seasons back and can someone not have an opinion without getting abusive

Calling a professional football player an "Oaf" is abusive now is it?

Michael Keane is a nothing footballer, has a 50p head and is an oaf.

I hope he never plays for the team again.

He has to set us up to take the game to Watford on Saturday. We need front foot football and none of that garbage, passive, park the bus rubbish we got on Sunday. Took us 25 mins to even try and make a tackle or get a foot on the ball.

Heres you asking us to play on the, and I quote:

"Front foot"

Keane and Mina is our only competent defensive pairing, so I'm not sure you've watched us this season.

Godfrey has been awful this season.

Heres you now claiming Keane -- a player who CANT play in a team that wants to be on the front foot -- is competent.

No, he isnt.

Godfrey has been recovering from covid and played almost every game out of position.

Yep

You've clearly not watched us play this season.

Yeah ive seen Keane make numerous errors this season. Ive also just seen him fouling Antonio who held the ball up every time it was played to him alongside Keane.

Apparently that defensive masterclass got him motm lol

What I havent seen is Godfrey and Mina which is our best pairing.

You want to play front foot football and take the game to the opposition...then you play Godfrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.