Old Everton Pictures

Bally question. Can anyone remember when Bally began wearing the white Hummel boots? I thought it was from 70/71 season. I don't recall him wearing them in the Chamionship season.
He never got paid by Hummel as he painted white over in Nike boots & it rained & they reverted to black lol Plus his luck was out the game was televised ..... so at some time you maybe correct he reverted to his black boots, but I am sure he still wore white boots them when he left us - sob

Shamefully treated by Moores. He should have been at least treated with the dignity he deserved when he was being let go.

Imagine, being sacked by your boss in a taxi ?
He took Moores to the cleaners in court over the way he was treated in 1967 he was paid out again for his dismissal - John Moores was fuming over the advice his solicitors gave him from day one .... It was not correct - gentleman John Carey got his reward....

Royston Vernon - captain Alex Parker, & The GV -

1634844955686.png

Does anyone know the reason we wore amber and blue that day? I was at the game with me Dad and our kid. There was no colour clash, as colchester wore red.
Did they choose to play in their home kit as they switched the game to Goodison after being drawn at home - { as you could do that for the attendance money in those days } - hence we played in our away kit - I was there as a lad travelled in the School mini bus 50/50 as the other lot were at home to Spurs in the FA Cup too ... they drew got beat in the replay - :D