Season ticket price increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

The binman chronicles

Player Valuation: £80m
I see DBB has posted another update regarding the stadium and then subtly dropped in that current season ticket prices are too cheap and will be going up:

In line with that, our pricing strategy for Goodison also has to be considered. After a decade of price reductions, price freezes and increasingly more attractive payment solutions, the average price of an adult Season Ticket at Goodison Park is now more than 25% cheaper, in real terms, than it was 10 years ago and the average price across all Season Tickets categories (from Kids through to Seniors) is 46% cheaper in real terms than a decade ago. The stark financial pressures created by the COVID pandemic, balanced alongside the significant costs of a stadium build and our own footballing ambitions, now means our approach to matchday, Season Ticket and Lounge Membership pricing for our remaining years at the Grand Old Lady has to reflect the reality we are faced with. I can assure you, however, that our requirement to increase matchday revenues will be approached with our usual Everton sensibilities and in consultation with our Fans’ Forum and key fan groups.

Our Season Ticket pricing for the 2022/23 season will be confirmed and shared with you in December.

Well I suppose it was only a matter of time given the champagne winning football we play translated to higher costs for the fans. :D

We can’t knock the prices for the last few years.
It’s a business, and Goodison will sell out every league game until it closes.

Granted they have been competitively priced but it does leave it open to an increase now and then another one when we move. Given the wording it doesn't look like it will be a couple of percent either so it could be a fairly large jump from this season to the first at BM.

We have enjoyed cheap Season tickets for years, already a big discount on walk ups so it's costing the club money. Of course gate receipts is only a small proportion of revenue these days, but it all helps.

I expect a 525 ST to go up to 600/650. They know if people don't renew others will take it or just sell as walk ups for even more margin.

Goodison will sell out every league game until we move.

Maybe our over performing mega stars could bridge that gap for us?
Although I suppose they really struggled financially during Covid.

I only hope the increase is a fair one at this time and reflects that many people don't have as much disposable money as they'd like to. I just hope the powers that be aren't to greedy. We might be better then most clubs price wise right now but the £485 I already pay every year for my season ticket is already expensive enough for the garbage I have to watch on the pitch 99% of the time. I'm just saying, if they want to increase the prices then my standards of what is an acceptable showing from the team will also increase accordingly.

I'm on £485, and that works out as £25.52 a game, if they stick £5 on top of every ticket (Where face value is now £45), then it will go up to £580.

I can't knock that if it happens, but would love anything less mind lol

Yeah I've resold a few of my tickets so far as I'm living up in Glasgow, it's a shame that that credit will now be worth less than the number of games I haven't been able to attend but I guess ours have been quite cheap for like 5 years or so now.

Hard to argue, a decade of price freezes or reductions.

I guess the crux will be how much we are talking, but if my ticket goes up £50 to £100 or something like that, I won't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.