Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABOLUTE EMBARASSMENT..... This sums our club up, abject failure after abject failure.

No positives, Benitez can do one and I`d take Moyes now, at least he wont accept rubbish like that.

Gonna be a long hard season thats for sure, look at the fixtures coming up:-

Wolves a
Spurs h
Man City a
Brentford a
Liverpool h
Arsenal h
Crystal Palace a
Chelsea a
Leicester h

Where is our next points coming from? This has been coming TBF we seen glimpses against Villa, 1 win in 5 PL games, scored 5 and conceded 10 and with the abysmal defeat to QPR in there as well..........

We are so [Poor language removed], long way back, not getting Europe. The RS are Pissing themselves, just about done with this club. Top to bottom they have no clue whatsoever, we are a laughing stock, only we can spend £500m to be skint and miles worse than we were before.

Benitez out and take the fraud Moshiri as well!!!!!!!!!!
Agree with every word mate

This result has been threatening for 5 years. There’s been so many terrible performances at Goodison in that time where we were lucky not to lose, or lose by more.

It doesn’t matter who the manager has been. The common denominators have been Pickford, Keane, Coleman, Digne, Davies, and a mix and match of other players who aren’t that good at football.

A group of players that can’t control a game against the weakest teams in the division. How many times over the years have we seen this group of players get an attacking throw and have no capacity to do anything other that shuffle it back to Pickford to boot clear.

We really need a big clear-out.

Our problems are many but the manager and the players are two distinctly different ones .Getting rid of the manager has been done too often recently ,it is the mentality of the team when they are scored against that is the hardest to sort out .
I will never be happy with him as manager unless we win the champions league twice , it is the squad where we have real problems ,in all my time watching Everton I don't remember having so many that play regularly who are below standard week in week out .
I cannot think of any manager coming in that would turn this lot around .
We have a few players here that would be lucky to get a game anywhere in the prem .
His reluctance to play some fringe players has me puzzled .No name calling today as I think I would run out of ink doing the list . COYB

I don't think I've ever been more disillusioned coming away from Goodison than I have tonight.

Where do we start?

1. Players - were desperate for some quality all over the pitch for our starting eleven but also cover. How is it we can have Rondon, Davies, Coleman, Keane as probable main stays in our team right now.
We are so short it's unbelievable.

2. Manager - I have nothing against Benitez at all and believe that he is likely a solid appointment. But he's not helped himself today with his substitutions, handling of Gordon and loyalty to Rondon. He's lost probably a lot of credit in the bank for fans who were open minded about him.

3. Marcel Brands - what's the point of his role? How can we go six transfer window's without getting a right back or centre forward cover who isn't league one standard. What is his role in providing a pathway for the youth? As DOF the operations side of the football club is terrible. No planning. No budget. No hope.

4 Moshiri. What's his role and how have we got to the stage where we have a manager universally disapproved by the fanbase pretty much?

5. Fanbase. - when we were skint and rubbish we always had hope. Sometimes there was respect for the team. Our fanbase at home is toxic at times and it's years of disappointment. Obviously it doesn't help anyone but Goodison is going to be horrible over next few months.

I've got no real hope for the club in the short term. What a mess.

This result has been threatening for 5 years. There’s been so many terrible performances at Goodison in that time where we were lucky not to lose, or lose by more.

It doesn’t matter who the manager has been. The common denominators have been Pickford, Keane, Coleman, Digne, Davies, and a mix and match of other players who aren’t that good at football.

A group of players that can’t control a game against the weakest teams in the division. How many times over the years have we seen this group of players get an attacking throw and have no capacity to do anything other that shuffle it back to Pickford to boot clear.

We really need a big clear-out.
I mostly agree, but do think this is slightly harsh on Pickford. Not much he could’ve done today with that absolute shambles happening in front of him (albeit he may have made a horror error for the 5th, I haven’t seen it as I turned off in disgust after their 4th)

Really getting bad for my health, this.

If you took out the actual football I'd probably enjoy being an Everton fan.

It's why I love international breaks and long summers.

I'm not surprised, nor angry, nor disappointed anymore.

Just tired of this circus.

It's not like he's to blame for today's embarrassment, but that's what I call the Iwobi effect lol

IMG_20211023_190315.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.