2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes been really bad last few times ive seen him.bit of an empty head when it comes to making decisions except the rash ones.. hes 25 now and no longer a player for the future it is his future and he hasnt got anywhere near the level of player we thought he would over. the last 18 months of his career he has gone backwards cant see the so called big teams wanting to take him now

Screenshot_20211107-172318_WhatsApp.jpg

END.

Get shut.

These contracts for crap players has got to stop.
18 months ago, when he signed his new 5 year contract, he was our best defender. the two Manchester clubs were reportedly interested and he was being tipped to make the Euros squad before it was postponed a year. There wasn't a single person on here who criticised the club at the time. Not one. Quite the opposite.

18 months ago, when he signed his new 5 year contract, he was our best defender. the two Manchester clubs were reportedly interested and he was being tipped to make the Euros squad before it was postponed a year. There wasn't a single person on here who criticised the club at the time. Not one. Quite the opposite.

Neither of the Manchester clubs bid for him and he’s never got anywhere near an England squad.

He was never our best defender. Anyone who thought that was very badly wrong. He was enormously overhyped after only a handful of good games.

Most bizarre substitution I’ve ever seen. Spurs were toothless today, but their passing out of defence was pretty slick. Holgate looked like a bloke who’d taken a wrong turn on his way back from the bog. I’ve never seen a player look more lost.

Neither of the Manchester clubs bid for him and he’s never got anywhere near an England squad.
I never said they did. The fact is though, and it is a fact, that he was playing so well at the time that all the usual tabloids were trying to sell him to the big clubs.

In fairness, you have no idea how close he got to an England squad prior to shut down. But the fact is, yes another fact, that he was being spoken of in the media in the same way that Gallagher and Smith Rowe are being spoken of now. They never made the squad either but it doesn't mean that there isn't any speculation. Another indication of how well he was playing at the time the club gave him the new contract The game then shut down for 3 months and he's been pretty crap since.

And, as I said, nobody was moaning at the time a new contract was given out. In fact it was quite the opposite.

Amazing how we all become experts with the benefit of hindsight.

I never said they did. The fact is though, and it is a fact, that he was playing so well at the time that all the usual tabloids were trying to sell him to the big clubs.

In fairness, you have no idea how close he got to an England squad prior to shut down. But the fact is, yes another fact, that he was being spoken of in the media in the same way that Gallagher and Smith Rowe are being spoken of now. They never made the squad either but it doesn't mean that there isn't any speculation. Another indication of how well he was playing at the time the club gave him the new contract The game then shut down for 3 months and he's been pretty crap since.

And, as I said, nobody was moaning at the time a new contract was given out. In fact it was quite the opposite.

Amazing how we all become experts with the benefit of hindsight.

Well no I don’t know that, but neither do you, and seeing as we can only deal on facts, the facts are that he has never had a call up to an England squad and the likelihood is he never will because he’s not a very good footballer.

He was never our best defender. Anyone who thought that was very badly wrong. He was enormously overhyped after only a handful of good games.
Yes he only played about a third of that 'good' season as Silva wouldn't pick him for first team because of his attitude in training, then he had no choice because of injuries but up to the Xmas he was poor (remember the two Liverpool games), he had a good spell on the Silva/Big Dunc/Ancolloti crossovers then Covid came and when the season restarted he got injured, been poor since

Status
Not open for further replies.