New Everton Stadium Discussion

Pretty much my matchday except it's the Lion/Excelsior/Shenanigans. Only difference when we move is I'll walk up (weather permitting)
I'm keeping a keen eye on parking locations near BMD. Live in East Yorkshire so off M62 and park near Goodison. I'm sure some official and not so official sites will sprout up nearer the time.

There's going to be a need for provision for privately organised buses/coaches to pick up and drop off near the ground. Perhaps the club wouldn't be that attracted to this since they'll be wanting significant numbers to drink within BMD and not to be coming in from County Rd etc via privately organised transport. But for me, an hour and a half with pints at £1.49 in a true pre-match atmosphere or an hour and a half at BMD with a pint at £4.50+ in a sanitised atmosphere? No contest.

There's going to be a need for provision for privately organised buses/coaches to pick up and drop off near the ground. Perhaps the club wouldn't be that attracted to this since they'll be wanting significant numbers to drink within BMD and not to be coming in from County Rd etc via privately organised transport. But for me, an hour and a half with pints at £1.49 in a true pre-match atmosphere or an hour and a half at BMD with a pint at £4.50+ in a sanitised atmosphere? No contest.
In answer to your post and its a "taps nose" moment from me serious consideration ongoing about Park and ride from Goodison to BMD. This a recognition that to allow fans to frequent Brick/Oak/Springfield and so on when the new place is open and not to leave County Road high and dry so to speak.

Let's wait and see what the facilities are like and the prices. I'm most concerned about the quality of the beer. I only drink real ale and if there isn't any, they won't be getting any money off me. On a general note, if they price things too high people will just stick to old habits and roll up at five to three. The whole point of moving is to generate much more income, before during and after the match. For that reason I am hoping that things aren't overpriced. Is it true a pint in Spurs' new ground is cheaper than the pubs outside? Good thing with the location is that they haven't got you too much by the short and curlies as would have been the case out by the motorway.

In answer to your post and its a "taps nose" moment from me serious consideration ongoing about Park and ride from Goodison to BMD. This a recognition that to allow fans to frequent Brick/Oak/Springfield and so on when the new place is open and not to leave County Road high and dry so to speak.

I would have thought they would want fans spending as much as possible in BMD. Price things correctly in decent surroundings is the best way forward, surely?

I'm keeping a keen eye on parking locations near BMD. Live in East Yorkshire so off M62 and park near Goodison. I'm sure some official and not so official sites will sprout up nearer the time.

There's a bit of parking to be had along Great Howard Street. I think a lot of businesses along there would be more than happy to rent out their parking spaces if they aren't open on a Saturday and even more would do so for Sunday and midweek games. Not too sure how much scope there is but I'd guess there are a good few hundred specs to be had with 20/30 minutes walk of BMD.

Another option would be to park up in one of the multi-storeys in Bootle and get one of the footy special buses they've said they are laying on the 2 or so miles to BMD from there.

I would have thought they would want fans spending as much as possible in BMD. Price things correctly in decent surroundings is the best way forward, surely?
If they get the bars right in the ground they should make a killing.
Short queues, fast ale, bit of space to have a laugh and most people would, I think, get there early and stay past the final whistle.

I think we have to move towards a "matchday" experience in the future, make it a proper day out with facilities for all, embrace a little of the American Football mentality. Good Bars/Pubs, decent food offerings, pre and post match events going on etc make it an "experience" for those that want it!

of course it all goes belly up when we get hammered by Watford or the likes and everyone just wants to "do one"

UTFT

91C91F84-25BC-4734-BE95-ED3BFAD34F20.jpeg

Wow!