2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton 2-5 Watford. Rafael lovers - it's ok we have injuries it's where we are expected to be.

Watford 4-1 Man U. Also Rafael Lovers - Hahahahaha surely Ole has to go now
RB isn’t immune. 5-2 loss against Watford isn’t good enough and questions will be asked.
But the bigger picture needs to be looked at too such as how many points can he get between now and say the end of this year rather than specific results. - there has to be a tolerance because of what he’s had to work with.
Question is, how many points is that?! For me a minimum of between 9-12. Not sure which yet.

Don't think anyone is expecting 5/6 points. I think most are expecting us to struggle to get any at all. And regardless of injuries, if you think that's acceptable for a fan base to be hoping, rather than expecting to even get something vs brentford then there's something wrong.

And if that happens, and we don't get any as you think we may only possibly get something at brentford so even you think that's a probability, then we potentially could be 17th in the table. 14 games in and on 15 points. We apparently needed allardyce last time that happened to "save us".

We won't be near 17th - teams are taking points off one another too much.

A shock win tomorrow and we are 7th, a draw 11th and a defeat 11th with 6-7 injuries to come back more than any other team in the league.

We'll be nowhere near a relegation battle - Everton aint exciting enough for that!

We're comfortably predictable boreville midtable team and will be for the foreseeable.

People have to get real here, Benitez isn’t the trophy winning manager he was, he still knows how to run a club. He took over a mid table squad, this squad wasn’t improved upon in the window. We all knew what was going to happen when we got injuries. To now blame Benitez for Everton’s problems is to miss the point by a country mile. Everton have become a team the top six expect to beat regularly and teams who want to finish in the top half have to beat. We are 8 players short of being a competitive team, it will take us three years of making the right decisions to get us up there and we haven’t been making the right decisions for years.
When you struggle to give your players away you know things have gone badly wrong.
This unrealistic pressure being put on the club to win a trophy and the toxic atmosphere at games is part of the problem, this season a mid table finish is acceptable, a summer clearing out as much of the dead wood as possible and replacing them with good quality premier league standard players will move us up a few league places and then it is a case of repeat in the forthcoming windows.
It isn’t the manager we need to change it is our transfer policy and our expectations.
Dont think has been toxic at games do agree that time is needed now we need build the clib back up. Think most of us have been fair on him, and well expectations from me i wont change we have all had to deal with these players for a long time now hard not to get frustrated with them

A shock win tomorrow and we are 7th, a draw 11th and a defeat 11th with 6-7 injuries to come back more than any other team in the league.

We'll be nowhere near a relegation battle - Everton aint exciting enough for that!

We're comfortably predictable boreville midtable team and will be for the foreseeable.
I’d happily take boring mid table this season all things considered but I guess that’s way too rational for many on here.

But you've just said we are likely to get tonked tomorrow, you think we can only "possibly" get something at brentford and we may get a "plucky" draw vs Liverpool. That would suggest you think we will more than likely lose all 3.

5 of the teams below need one win to go ahead of us in the 2 games in that time. Possibly 6 of them depending on Leeds result tomorrow. Just by losing to brentford they would be ahead of us. The fact they are taking points from each other is worse as several of them have to play each other.

It's really not as unlikely as you think.

I hope to god we get something from one of the games, but even you don't think that's a probability.

Whats speculation? Actual quotes by him? Actual quotes by his close friend?
Chosen quotes that may have seemed appropriate at that point. However life never stays the same and your outlook is shaped by the opportunities, or lack of them that come your way.I would expect he is very fond of his time at RS. Why would he not be?
I also expect as a professional manager he would try for the same success anywhere he manages and I hope he gets it with us.

But you've just said we are likely to get tonked tomorrow, you think we can only "possibly" get something at brentford and we may get a "plucky" draw vs Liverpool. That would suggest you think we will more than likely lose all 3.

5 of the teams below need one win to go ahead of us in the 2 games in that time. Possibly 6 of them depending on Leeds result tomorrow. Just by losing to brentford they would be ahead of us. The fact they are taking points from each other is worse as several of them have to play each other.

It's really not as unlikely as you think.

I hope to god we get something from one of the games, but even you don't think that's a probability.

Either way it would be 14 games in not 38... with our best CF, CM and CB to come back which allows our best wide player/support striker in Richarlison to play in his best position and Gray out wide and not up top supporting Richarlison.

We wont be anywhere near the bottom 6 come game week 38 - people need to dry their sheets and accept what we are as a club.

I just cant get angry over something so predictable as Everton anymore.

The injury story is really vexing me now. Like a song on the radio that's been played about 10 000 times.
Injuries perhaps can't be helped?

Having no reasonable players to fill the boots of the injured, however, can be helped and must be dealt with in the next window, otherwise I fear the worst!

Do you know I just don't care anymore.
Davek , Foreverblue92 , whoever knock yourselves out and enjoy Everton under Benitez.
Sad to see someone giving up on Everton. It is a very difficult thing to do unless you have other allegiances in football. I am sure you haven't because I can't imagine switching to Tranmere or some other club. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.