2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG we actually agree on something.

Can we replace our 1 in 9 manager with someone better? I would imagine we could. They need to get a move on with it.

We've appointed our own duffer, what more evidence of that do you need than a look at the form table? Now is the time to rectify it.

Benitez is still a decent manager mate he just needs time to sort this rag tag squad out.

He's going nowhere anytime soon you need to get behind him.

Don't think anyone is accepting a defeat. They're just not confident is winning away from home with a depleted squad.
They are mate, like I’ve said before I get people supporting him that’s fine. What I can’t get my head around is them pinning no blame on Benitez for the results for the last 2 months.

If I remember well last season
DCL Injured for a whike
Allan for a while
Pickford for a few games
Mina in and out constantly
Digne for while
Doucoure
James
Iwobi has been out for 2 years
Gordon wasnt playing
We had no Gray
No Townsend
No back up until January for DCL

Let’s not make it out he’s been dealt an impossible hand here and the world is crumbling down on him.

They are mate, like I’ve said before I get people supporting him that’s fine. What I can’t get my head around is them pinning no blame on Benitez for the results for the last 2 months.

DCL Injured for a whike
Allan for a while
Pickford for a few games
Digne for while
Doucoure
James
Gordon wasnt playing
We had no Gray
No Townsend

Let’s not make it out he’s been dealt an impossible hand here and the world is crumbling down on him.
But when DCL was out we moved Richarlison up top. Next game we are playing our 4th choice striker. I'm hoping he opts for our 3rd choice of Tosun though.

It's not just 1st teamers out but at times we have even had the back ups out as well. If it wasn't for Delph finally being fit we would be well and truly screwed.

Regardless we should be beating Brentford though.

Reactions: JLW
Name these possession based players that we have? All Brentford have to do is lump it up to their attacking two and watch them stomp all over Keane and win every header against Godfrey. Simple.

It's not about possession-based players. FGS you don't need to have Man City's players to have possession, and you don't need to have possession to control games either.

The first thing you do is match up the team your playing with in midfield - the key area of the pitch. Brentford have been playing, I believe, with a 3-5-2, so that means a three-man midfield. A two-man midfield would get overrun, as it did against Wolves, as Wolves had the 2 10s dropping into midfield to go alongside Neves and Dendoncker I think it was.

If you put three in midfield you have a basis to build from. Doucoure could very well be fit. If Allan is fit, then you've got Delph, Allan and Doucoure, that's a decent enough midfield to go to Brentford with.

Delph can offer that protection in front of the defence as he did v Spurs, and you have the extra players in there to match up with Brentford. That forces Brentford to the flanks, so you'd have Townsend one side and Gordon the other to double up with the full-backs.

That makes Keane and Godfrey's life easier.

if there's one thing that Keane likes dealing with it's long balls to his head. He's fine at that. It's when teams pass through the midfield and run at him he's useless as he isn't aggressive enough, probably worried about getting turned.

I've given you that little tiny bit of tactical basics there. We have a very experienced manager who will have had a full week to focus on this game and train the team to do it, a full week to assess how Brentford play and where the battles will be won. He also gets paid a very handsome amount to do so. So he has to come up with a plan. Not just 'let's stick with this that's seen us win 1 game in 9 in all comps'

DCL Injured for a whike
Allan for a while
Pickford for a few games
Digne for while
Doucoure
James
Gordon wasnt playing
We had no Gray
No Townsend

Obviously our terrible defensive set piece record is all to do with injuries! How dare you question Benitez's tactical ability!!

I distinctly remember him setting up our winning goal at Anfield but with the revision of history in this thread I could easily be mistaken and we didn't actually win any games under Ancelotti or with James in the side.

We only started winning when Benitez came here and we only started losing games because we're the first ever team to have injuries.

I don't know how to respond to this strawman.

Simms doesn't have experience of the Prem, that is clearly true. How does he gain that experience? playing in expected losses like last week, or playing against promoted teams like this week. Which games are the ones were Simms does get a game ahead of Roundone or Slosun?
I agree with you mate regarding Simms lack of premiere experience but I saw him in a few games last season for Blackpool and he scored a few goals, I know he is in a lower league but how many goals has Rondon scored.

I agree with you mate regarding Simms lack of premiere experience but I saw him in a few games last season for Blackpool and he scored a few goals, I know he is in a lower league but how many goals has Rondon scored.
I know - he doesn't even get on as a sub when we are trailling 2-0 away at the Champions....???

Status
Not open for further replies.