2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to hear Conte say the level at Tottenham wasn't great and they're supposed to be one of the bigger better clubs in the league. Why has the standard of footballers diminished so much? As they've become more and more athletic and playing to tactics the actual standard of the actual footballing talent has just gone down.

Or has the fact a lot of the better players are happy bench warming for the odd few minutes in the Champions league. This game as a spectacle, outside of a few clubs, is on its arse it really is. I never before since these last few years seen so many abject performances and ones that just look like the players don't give a crap.

It looks like it isn't only us. What has happened to these players who get paid a kings ransom every week that is way beyond their ability.

It is managers who take the blame but by heck I am sick to the back teeth of modern day pros taking liberties with our support, knowing grounds will always be full in the Premier league, in the past people would have voted with their feet to let them know it wasn't good enough.

How do we fix it?
Those words he spoke could have been spoken with much more accuracy by Benitez:

"I am happy to stay here but at the same time I must be honest and tell you we need to work a lot to improve the quality of the [current] squad. We are Tottenham and Tottenham in this moment, there is an important gap.

If someone thinks that a new coach arrives and Conte won in the past and then I am a magician ... but the only magic I can do is to work. To bring work and work to improve, to bring my methods, my ideas of football. But we have to understand that we need time.

I want to be honest that we need to work a lot to improve the situation. We need time and patience. I don’t know what happens in the future but I am here because I am happy to stay here, to work for Tottenham.”

Gylfi has 25 goals and 17 assists in 4 seasons from midfield which isn't bad by any stretch.

He's limited in other areas but you cant not replace those goals and assists and still expect us to even stay stagnant never mind push up the table.

26% Cross Accuracy
37% Shot Accuracy
There is more condemning stats but hey Sigmeister

26% Cross Accuracy
37% Shot Accuracy

A major positive of this season has been not having to watch him, and I mean that sincerely.

Can you understand my post above or are you also in need of assistance?

Clue: The two managers names are bolded.

Second clue: One is our previous manager and the other is our current manager.

They are not the same person.

Note: This post was not directed to either of you. The reply to this post is at the bottom of this message.

Both of you are making me feel uncomfortable.

i suggest you ask a teacher for help.

That doesnt entitle people to write nasty words.

You are deliberately trying to ruin my day.

Agreed, I dont think we would either. It was more who 'you' would want within that bracket.

Galtier I believe had already given his word to Nice so it was a non-starter.

Seeing Tuchel and Rangnick being parachuted in is quite amusing as theyre our interview 'rejects' to add to several others who have moved onto greater things.

Silva will be one to watch next season, still very young and may have learned some lessons.

My guess is that Moshiri is just in a holding pattern anyway.
All of them would have had 1.5 million to spend that's why Carlos cleared off - he was guilty of wasting funds on hasbeens -

26% Cross Accuracy
37% Shot Accuracy

But you still have to replace those goals and assists!

If DCL scores 20 taps ins and is sold you still have to replace those 20 goals to even stand still regardless if other areas of his game aint great.

Townie is helping replace James goals/assists but bar a good start Grays output has dwindled.

But you still have to replace those goals and assists!

If DCL scores 20 taps ins and is sold you still have to replace those 20 goals to even stand still regardless if other areas of his game aint great.

Townie is helping replace James goals/assists but bar a good start Grays output has dwindled.
Straws.jpg

I think you may be looking for these

Am not saying brand shouldn't go but am not sure he is the problem. Let's just say he say "right I think this manager will be great and this player etc what if it's the top man stamping his feet and saying no I want
Then he should resign then make a statement and come out and say why.

If we play and lose the 20 games mentioned, we will be on 15 points and will have played 20 games. You get 3 points for a win. Do you want a calculator?
Bit premature. We have only played 12. Can't see us losing the next 8. It'll be just like Everton to win the next 2 and everything quietens down for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.