2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a veteran of the Wimbledon and Coventry last game of season cliffhangers I'm hoping we don't end up in that situation again. You can't rule it out though. Well have to tough it out in our own mini league at the bottom and hope that January onwards we can start picking up the necessary points.

Thats the scary part.
They havent got it in em.

Anyone know if this meeting was real?

1638124048088.png

From what I've been hearing they are going to act very soon. Not benitez though. More the people who have gotten us into this situation. Not heard names but it will be the ex player hangers on and some people around Brands.
We can't go 2 months without a win just because we don't have Dom starting.

It's unacceptable and the board has to act now.

We just stink of Sunderland at this point - blaming manager after manager acting like the squad are being mismanaged by every of the last 50 managers.

At some point have to point the finger at the players.
We're not blaming manager after manager ffs

Sunderland appointed loads of poor managers to go with their poor players

We've done that, bar Ancelotti, but Ancelotti didn't know how to operate at this level.

We've then gone and appointed another poor manager.

This squad is bad but it's not *this* bad. We should not be getting outplayed by every team we come up against.

We are pointing blame at the players, nobody is saying they're friggin good. But the manager is the one who is paid to get those players working well and together and in some form of coherent system.

You were banging the drum like me last season when Ancelotti was underperforming. I don't understand why you've gone balls deep on Benitez.

Martinez, Koeman, Ancelotti, Benitez. All ended with the same shitplay. Somehow the coin has to drop that the squad they were working with, is a bunch of mercenary's. You think aguy like Tuchel could make something out of Iwobi?
The squad is crap but the point is good managers find a way to get *something* out of players and make the collective better than the parts. Potter has taken a recent championship-level team in Brighton and got them playing good football with belief and a plan. Conte found a way to make Moses and David Luiz key players at Chelsea. Even Ranieri found a way to make Drinkwater a key component of a title winning side. I don't think Tuchel would turn Iwobi into Messi, but as he has proven with Chelsea, he can take a mish-mash under Lampard and very quickly structure them into what became European champions. That's what good managers do. Who has Rafael improved? What plan is there? What style or identity is there? Has there been anything to suggest Rafael is capable of those things?

From what I've been hearing they are going to act very soon. Not benitez though. More the people who have gotten us into this situation. Not heard names but it will be the ex player hangers on and some people around Brands.
all well and good if true

but none of those people set us up in the way Benitez does or are responsible for the tactics and approaches during matches.

This group of players took 4 points from the RS last season. A decent manager should be able to manage at least a point, surely?
well, a better Liverpool team to be fair, and a poorer Everton manager.

I actually thought we'd win today, btw. I really did. I woke up with confidence thinking Benitez would have changed his approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.