2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who knows? Probably not, I would like to think that someone would have handled today and the Watford game better though.

Some fans would maybe be slightly less angry and more would be saying the manager needs time. That can be important though.

Which makes you wonder if Benitez has been appointed as a shield for Moshiri to take the heat of the fans, knowing the money had run out for this season (FFP or otherwise).

Given even Kenwright and others were supposedly against the appointment, the boardroom must be split as well though.

Possible points deduction, transfer embargo.

Not just a fine that people think.
Key word: 'possible'. We might not be doing any transfers anyway if Moshiri has decided to rein in the chequebook. FFP might not be worth the paper it's written on if Moshiri and Usmanov want to get the best sports lawyers in the world and contest it (worked for City with UEFA). That's what I'd do if it was my half-billion investment at risk. There's nothing I wouldn't try to keep my asset in the richest league in the world, especially if I'm on the hook for partly funding a new stadium too.

But is the pay off not done over several years? We don't just give him £8m. Surely the James money will cover that. Isn't that the whole reason we got rid of him, to have some money.

I think the question needs to be asked why has this owner appointed yet another manager that he’s going to have to sack mid-season with another huge payoff?

Which is why he wanted rid of Rodriguez so badly too, as he failed the running up and down the sand dunes until he passed out test.

BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS.

The workhorses are all well and good but you need your difference makers. Ours weren't on the pitch today. Only Gray looked like doing something but wasn't on the pitch long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.