Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve won 1 derby under Shipman at our gaffe. 5 games. Too many on here are taking a defeat forgranted. Where’s the fight that most of you ask from the team? I didn’t want Benitez sacked but starting to change my opinion if it means we can actually get back to supporting the club. Too much anger & ’infighting’ for me. If he did go, the fans ire will just turn to someone else though. This Club is rotten to the core. Our fans are playing their part in it too.

This game on wednesday reminds me of the time leading up to Martinez's last derby where we were absolutely blown off the park. I'd expect more of the same on Wednesday.

Hell Week 2016 as I call it.

We were off to Wembley to play United in the semi final a couple days later and there was zero expectatio for any of those games.

Fast forward to 2019 and a similiar scenario going into Silva’s last derby at the Pit.

I think they won 5-2 and it was ciao Marco.

No, @Khalekan is right. Let's be positive. A slugger has a one hit KO punch in him. We can disect the horror show on Thursday...if we can be even arsed to do so.

Anyways, I'm getting in first with...

'it was the Ref"s fault. VAR favours the 'big' teams. Salah is a diving little f*****. Van Dog should have been sent off. Did we realise it was an 8 o'clock kick off and not 8.30?...etc

Just an appeal to all blues to not turn immediately if we go a goal down on Wednesday.

We are turbo-garbage and will need to pull together if we are to get anything out of the derby. It goes above whether you hate the manger or in my case just utterly despise how this club is ran.
xx

Which is going to be greater ….

The number of goals or red cards?

(FWIW, going 0-3 goals and 1-1 reds)

Just an appeal to all blues to not turn immediately if we go a goal down on Wednesday.

We are turbo-garbage and will need to pull together if we are to get anything out of the derby. It goes above whether you hate the manger or in my case just utterly despise how this club is ran.
xx
The team need to turn up firstly. If they compete they will get support. If they don't then they won't.

The team need to turn up firstly. If they compete they will get support. If they don't then they won't.

Well for any other game, yes. I think with the derby though, especially when the relative quality of the sides is so different these days, it's one of the few games I would expect us as fans to be more pro-active in making the atmosphere rather than being reactive.

Granted if they're like 3-0 up after 20 mins and clearly no-one can be bothered then go nuts, like.

Indeed.

Already I am getting a sense of excitement and optimism about this game.

Two days abo I was expecting both Grey and Doucoure to be out.

But lo and behold, they will be fit….so no Iwobi and the returning Richarliason means Rondon will not be starting either.

EFC 2 RS 1

COYBB :dance:
Playing Richarlison as an out and out CF is just as bad as Rondon.
I can see an extra defender against these.

xx
If they score and their fans sing the Benitez song, I wonder whether ours will turn on him or sing it aswell just to spite the kopites.

Status
Not open for further replies.