2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand wanting to stick by the manager because of how much change we've had but this felt doomed from the start. Even if he'd done well there were huge issues.

I don't think he's going anywhere. My prediction is this trudges on for another year before the inevitable happens.

I understand wanting to stick by the manager because of how much change we've had but this felt doomed from the start. Even if he'd done well there were huge issues.

I don't think he's going anywhere. My prediction is this trudges on for another year before the inevitable happens.
Only a couple more derbies then.

…..surprising me just how bad a coach he is.

The Delph substitution was simply an effort to keep the score down, it was about him and not an effort to get back into the game.

The club are spiralling into an abyss with a manager in charge who could not be more universally disliked.
A criminal line up where we would obviously get overrun and strange substitutions... overall an awful night from Benítez.

We were lucky they weren’t 2 up in the first three mins.

This has been happening all season though and he’ll still persist

It’s the same as Wilson’s one in the Guardian, and like that drivel appears to be mainly focused at supporting a source rather than an analysis of what is going wrong now.

Benitez doesn’t “deserve more time” - if he won’t change things after this run, after the utter failure of his player and his tactics, then the club have no alternative.
To be fair He does go on to say:

‘What is beyond dispute, however, is that Benitez now faces a crucial match at home to Arsenal next Monday night. The mood at Everton is currently toxic and when boards come under attack from supporters it is often the manager who suffers. ’

To be fair He does go on to say:

‘What is beyond dispute, however, is that Benitez now faces a crucial match at home to Arsenal next Monday night. The mood at Everton is currently toxic and when boards come under attack from supporters it is often the manager who suffers. ’

He also deserves credit for not trying to claim Rondon was once the best lone target man in the world, as Wilson did.

A8457B34-1B0F-4A82-94CE-BAC12F91703B.png

….4-1 against a week ago.

I’d be chuffed if Benitez went & Brands must follow even if he’s not the one responsible for bringing players in.

i have a view that Moshiri has thrown the towel in & is looking for a way out, not sure where that leaves the ground build but big decisions might be back in the hands of Kenwright.

The next manager will be "crap" and/or "about to take us down" too. They just will be.

I think this all comes down to people having weird expectations. This was me, 9 August 2021.

Me vs. Burnley, 13 September 2021:

Why do you think I predicted all this? It's because if you're paying attention it's not hard to do so. It's not because we have a bad manager. It's not because the tactics are wrong. It really is - almost completely - because we have an absolutely dreadful squad. It's not unique to Benitez; Ancelotti had this bench in a 0-0 draw to Brighton.

View attachment 147373

We're just [Poor language removed]. Why is it so hard to accept that?

I don't think anyone is thinking this squad is a top 6 squad. Not at all. It needs gutting.

But it's certainly not a squad that should capitulate as much as it has this season.

What's Rafael even doing? That's the biggest thing that dropped over the last few games. He's played City and the RS and played exactly the same way as if he's taking the piss.

Can you imagine the Anfield leg with the whole stadium singing his name ? what a spectacle that’ll be.
I’ve had my fill of watching Merseyside derbies this season and will spend the cresting the fence or watching paint dry in a room devoid of a tv - I’ll admire anyone who goes there for what will be an absolute whupping. The only question at their ground will be if it’s something vaguely respectable like 2/3-0 or an historic smashing 5/6/7-0

I’ve had my fill of watching Merseyside derbies this season and will spend the cresting the fence or watching paint dry in a room devoid of a tv - I’ll admire anyone who goes there for what will be an absolute whupping. The only question at their ground will be if it’s something vaguely respectable like 2/3-0 or an historic smashing 5/6/7-0

Decorating your airing cupboard is a good one, I did that during our 5-3 loss away at Anfield a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.