The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of funding, can’t fault Moshiri at all in 5 years. However he seems like someone with zero clue on what he’s doing: we need your money not your opinion. Kenwright still being here - and still seemingly wielding a large amount of power - is very unsettling.

We are very poorly run; have been for years & I don’t see it changing ever.

In terms of funding, can’t fault Moshiri at all in 5 years. However he seems like someone with zero clue on what he’s doing: we need your money not your opinion. Kenwright still being here - and still seemingly wielding a large amount of power - is very unsettling.

We are very poorly run; have been for years & I don’t see it changing ever.
Kenwright was supposed to be sticking sound to help him bridge the cap , when he took over, as normal with him it hasn't worked out well.
Should have been out the door the minute he bought the club, we have been crying out for competent leadership for decades, one that doesn't hide behind a mask of blue sentimentality, that has no use to us on the long run.
And has ambition to be more than prem league fodder year after year

If Everton was run like the multi million pound business it is, Chairman, CEO and Director of Football who have overseen 4 managerial failures would be gone.

Football isn't any usual business, but I do think it's that simple.

This board have progressively made us less competitive.

Moshiri, who isn't on Everton's board, needs to act.

He needed to act day one. This isn't hindsight crying it in - since day one I've been expecting significant boardroom change and been baffled why the hell he has reshuffled deckchairs on the titanic for so long.

He needed to act day one. This isn't hindsight crying it in - since day one I've been expecting significant boardroom change and been baffled why the hell he has reshuffled deckchairs on the titanic for so long.

I was fairly encouraged when he first came in and we saw some new blood like the Russian guy Sasha etc. but looking back they were likely more just Usmanov’s mates and not real strong appointments.

Surely his credentials need to be brought into question, or his motives

Surely his credentials need to be brought into question, or his motives

I don't think so personally.

There's perhaps a question around transparency.

Ancelotti spoke of Usmanov, and Benitez talks of a sponsor.

It's not ideal, really.

There could be something to the rumours years back around Chairman retention around the stadium.

It's not ideal, really.

There could be something to the rumours years back around Chairman retention around the stadium.
What was this, Kenwright remains chairman until then?

Still, you have a DoF who nobody knows what he his actually in place to do; a CEO who has not moved the business on in terms of commercial deals.

Anybody who owns 90% of a business, whether that’s Moshiri or Usmanov, cannot seriously look at that business and think it’s running fine

It's not ideal, really.

From The Athletic

Before the announcement, Benitez had been in isolation at his home on the Wirral following a meeting with Everton’s owner Farhad Moshiri and his business associate, the heavily influential Alisher Usmanov, on his luxury yacht off the Sardinian coast.

But an important conversation had already happened. On Usmanov’s advice, Moshiri called Roman Abramovich, the man who also ignored the ire of supporters to appoint Benitez as interim boss at Stamford Bridge back in 2012, and the Chelsea owner provided a glowing reference.

What was this, Kenwright remains chairman until then?

That/something around formal Usmanov involvement too. Can't fully recall - but I've often clutched at straws for reasoning why Moshiri hasn't made any significant changes at boardroom level.

Still, you have a DoF who nobody knows what he his actually in place to do; a CEO who has not moved the business on in terms of commercial deals.

The club have also been very clear on the DoF remit/accountability.

Whether fans choose to believe that, is up to them. What I will say is though - all DoF have to work with owners/managers. My opinion is that our DoF has more control at Everton than most DoF do - on multiple boards etc.

Anybody who owns 90% of a business, whether that’s Moshiri or Usmanov, cannot seriously look at that business and think it’s running fine

No doubt - takes me back to my first reply above.

Status
Not open for further replies.