Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Are you saying you never posted on here saying you wanted Allardyce and Silva sacked?

As I recall, Dave did give Silva a fair crack of the whip.

Not gonna begrudge anyone wanting Allardyce gone because he should have never been at the club in the first place and will be an eternal stain on our history.

As I recall, Dave did give Silva a fair crack of the whip.

Not gonna begrudge anyone wanting Allardyce gone because he should have never been at the club in the first place and will be an eternal stain on our history.
He can't have a go at people not backing managers when he's wanted every manager since Martinez sacked besides Ancelotti.

Who would have thought that a billionaire buying our club would have benitez and allardyce hired within the first 5 years either side of Carlo ancelotti!
Who would have thought we would hire two managers with trophies galore and they would spend less time at the club than relegation managers like Silva and Martinez, maybe even Allardyce.

You are being completely disingenuous if you’re saying the mere fact that Benitez is here isn’t causing toxicity. He should never have been appointed for this reason. There is absolutely no way on this earth that he can be a success here under the current conditions at the club, it’s impossible.
I mentioned this last night.

Any goodwill or support he may have received by a minority of the fans will have evaporated with yesterday alongside our worst form in over twenty-years.

We can't ignore the failings of the board, previous managers and the likes of Walsh and the results of all those, but we also can't pretend Benitez is blameless.

When you put it all together, it's naive to believe that he'll ever be in a position where the supporters are accepting. It's unsustainable.

I've heard snippets of Moshiri sending a message to Jim White and I can only cringe at what he's probably said; the whole thing is amateurish.

He can't have a go at people not backing managers when he's wanted every manager since Martinez sacked besides Ancelotti.

I mean yes, me personally I'm on the side of there is no point in sacking him unless we genuinely look like we're gonna go down and also because the next manager would just have the same issues. But yeah, it's slightly unfair to call people for wanting him sacked, 1 win in like 9 or 10 whatever it is is usually more than enough to see a manager sacked in the Prem these days.

He said he is going to back the manager in January? How? We have no money to spend because of FFP.

Is this a sign of intent that the owner is prepared to risk breaking the rules in order to back the manager and spend big this January?
If he breaks the rules to give red Benitez money to waste in violation of ffp I think think a few veins in my forehead will burst from anger

I said I didn't turn on them before they received time and money.

You wasted all that effort.

*sigh*
Keep moving your goalposts Dave

What you said was

He's the Everton manager who I will support until he's not the Everton manager.

Koeman, Allardyce, Silva are all Everton managers you stopped supporting before they were no longer Everton manager.

None of that had anything to do with time and money and if it did then you wouldn't have been chasing Allardyce out after 3 months.

Ok, here's my belief about what will happen in the next week or so:

Scenario one - Moshiri (who is apparently flying in for the Arsenal game) will, if we do ok in that, spare Benitez and the show goes on. Moshiri will probably fly back out to his bolt hole again.

Scenario two - Moshiri takes in the Arsenal game; we get beat; scenes are ugly. He stays in London for the Palace game at his address there. If it goes pear shaped at Palace he summons Benitez to Casa Moshiri and sacks him. He then stays on a week to get the short list together for a new manager (having made enquiries post Arsenal defeat).

Scenario one - Moshiri (who is apparently flying in for the Arsenal game) will, if we do ok in that, spare Benitez and the show goes on. Moshiri will probably fly back out to his bolt hole again.

Scenario two - Moshiri takes in the Arsenal game; we get beat; scenes are ugly. He stays in London for the Palace game at his address there. If it goes pear shaped at Palace he summons Benitez to Casa Moshiri and sacks him. He then stays on a week to get the short list together for a new manager (having made enquiries post Arsenal defeat).
Why would he get sacked Dave? I thought you all think he's doing an amazing job.

Why would he get sacked Dave? I thought you all think he's doing an amazing job.
Why would you think that?

You need to stop seeing things through that red mist of pure hatred.

What I and others have been saying is that he needs time and resources to get it right before we can say he's failed. There's no amazing job done yet. The chance to do an amazing job has not been presented to him.

This is very likely