Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is only a matter of time before Benitez gets the boot as things simply cannot carry on this way, so who would everyone want. The obvious choice is Duncan Ferguson to the end of the season but myself I would like a young up and coming manager given a chance so my choice would be Frank Lampard who did pretty good at Derby and was harshly treated at Chelsea.
Clearly the initial appointment was very unpopular amongst many. But what’s the answer? A transfer window is upon us. Do we give him the window to see what further business he can do? Or do we get rid? Looking at other managers who not so long ago were in for the chop (Arteta probably best example). Club kept faith and now they are doing very well. So. Another manager? Who. Or do we give it some consistency and give Rafael a bit longer. Decisions decisions. Either way it’s going to cost a lot of money.

We are going to be forced to go with someone out of a job already as we will have to pay off Benitez’s contract unless we wisely put a break clause into the deal.

Personally I would love us to get someone like Mancini but it would cost us a fortune and I can’t see him coming to us and especially not with the World Cup so close.

As such, we are likely to be looking at Lampard, Rooney etc

We are going to be forced to go with someone out of a job already as we will have to pay off Benitez’s contract unless we wisely put a break clause into the deal.

Personally I would love us to get someone like Mancini but it would cost us a fortune and I can’t see him coming to us and especially not with the World Cup so close.

Might not be at the WC they have a huge set of play off games coming up but still won’t come

Yeah let’s bring in Rooney or Dunc instead
Kovac won’t be any different to say Koeman, Silva , Martinez it will go sour very quick. In more recent time the only success we’ve had from a manager is Moyes, he was untested at PL level and did a good job here. Because he was hungry to succeed, Rooney Dunc would be the same, was Carlos hungry to succeed here? Imo no he had won the lot and wanted a payday untill something else popped up. I fed up with these so called mangers coming in making a mess then going one way or another not caring one jot about Everton. At least Rooney and Dunc care about the club, so they are my choice.

Anybody else think we might go back in for Nuno until the end of season before making a decision on a long term option in the summer?

Can we just sack the next manager now before we hire him save on compensation in 12-18 months time..

Kovac won’t be any different to say Koeman, Silva , Martinez it will go sour very quick. In more recent time the only success we’ve had from a manager is Moyes, he was untested at PL level and did a good job here. Because he was hungry to succeed, Rooney Dunc would be the same, was Carlos hungry to succeed here? Imo no he had won the lot and wanted a payday untill something else popped up. I fed up with these so called mangers coming in making a mess then going one way or another not caring one jot about Everton. At least Rooney and Dunc care about the club, so they are my choice.
Ffs I care about the club… can I have the job ?

Might not be at the WC they have a huge set of play off games coming up but still won’t come

I had no idea, I assumed Italy were safely through given their euros win. I don’t think he would come either but perhaps we can persuade him with the promise of a clean slate with the dross that is out of contract here. Doubt it though

Are they best for the job or because they love the club
They would care, did Carlos did Koeman did Silva? We know Benitez certainly doesn’t would say Kovac of course not, they all knew if they were sacked they would get a nice bumper pay off. I wouldn’t though be giving the likes of Rooney or Dunc long contracts just rolling ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.