Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he take us to court last time ?? I'm sure he took us for 11 million or something in compensation. Moshiti really has zero clue if this fraud of a manager gets another go at taking us down, he will surely succeed this time around. Talk about stupidity of the highest level if he's even being considered.
He did.
10 million big ones.

Mosh must love him

Did nobody ever make a bit of a hash in their career but then reflect, work with better people and improve? With Thierry Henry and Vincent Kompany amongst others around him I think he’d get us playing attractive, entertaining football. I certainly wouldn’t have the animosity towards him that some on here have.
Whomever comes in probably gets 25-30 mins of the first game before there’s discontent.
Plenty of shouts for Galtier - I know very little about him really other than he’s done great at Lille and Ok at Nice, but it could go equally south for him in the Premier League. likewise Kovac and Favre. It’s a difficult job getting the right man in, and unfortunately it seems all of us don’t trust the board to get it right.

Did nobody ever make a bit of a hash in their career but then reflect, work with better people and improve? With Thierry Henry and Vincent Kompany amongst others around him I think he’d get us playing attractive, entertaining football. I certainly wouldn’t have the animosity towards him that some on here have.
Whomever comes in probably gets 25-30 mins of the first game before there’s discontent.
Plenty of shouts for Galtier - I know very little about him really other than he’s done great at Lille and Ok at Nice, but it could go equally south for him in the Premier League. likewise Kovac and Favre. It’s a difficult job getting the right man in, and unfortunately it seems all of us don’t trust the board to get it right.
Tricky choice though, between managers who might get the Premier League wrong, and those who've definitely got it wrong in the past, but might have learned from the experience of failure. If anyone is looking for the right answer, please don't look at me.

272092277_2954383218208254_7546726883851853908_n Belgium.jpg

I suppose you could make the argument, that his Belgium side were bottlers, but i think overall he hasn't done a bad job as Belgium manager. Statistically he's the most successful manager in their history.

Martinez is as bad as it gets. When he talks he carries on like set piece goals don't count as real goals. The way he managed us during those two 4-0 annihilations at Mordor are probably the worst memories of supporting Everton I have.

This club is just a parody at this point. What did we all do in previous lives to deserve this?

We’d need to bring Davide Ancelotti back for set pieces otherwise we’re starting every game 1 nil down

I like Bobby the man but not the manager. With how close we are to the drop zone it’s incredibly risky. Anyone know if he’s noticeably improved with Belgium? Hard to tell with how good of a squad he has to work with…

Doesn't have the correct level of coaching badges to 'manage' in the premier league

So Thats a no!

Martinez guided us to our highest ever points total and he got us to two semi-finals and a quarter-final. And he did that with meagre funds. Martinez wanted to sign VVD and he wanted to sign Robertson. Kenwright told him we didn’t have the funds and got him Funes Mori instead!

Martinez guided us to our highest ever points total and he got us to two semi-finals and a quarter-final. And he did that with meagre funds. Martinez wanted to sign VVD and he wanted to sign Robertson. Kenwright told him we didn’t have the funds and got him Funes Mori instead!
Should be our highest PL points total. We certainly had higher points totals in the old first division days!

I think most of us would take a couple of seasons of finishing mid table and having a run in the cup now, which just shows how we’ve dropped off since Moyes left. I’m fond of Martinez but whether this is the sort of appointment to galvanise the fan base, I’m far from convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.