2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me another manager who had death threats placed on banners near his house, spray painted on walls, banners hung up around the stadium and training grounds. The sheer amount of abuse he got from fans who were willingly wanting us to lose every week. Got next to nothing to spend in the summer. Etc etc.
Oh boo hoo, the compensation money he's going to squeeze out of the club, will make it all better.?

What was put on the media did not use his full name. I agree he was a disaster but it was the Board that hired him.

Yes he needed to go.

It costs nothing to wish someone well in the future. I just felt the statement was beneath what this club is about. As posted elsewhere I suppose we have history with sacking a manager in a taxi.

Lord, I really am losing the will with this club after 52 years.
The club’s statement was no more perfunctory than the one they issued when Lucas Digne was transferred. It’s the Benitez effect, he caused such a toxic atmosphere around the club that good form has gone out of the window.

Well he's gone. I'm sure some are happy although I'm not sure what the gloating is about. It's a sad day for the club to have to get another manager again as it means the club is not doing well. Is that something to be happy about? You would like to think a new manager will be different although the last few years suggest otherwise. I'll be reading some of the same toxic posts in the new manager thread soon enough.
No mate, Saturday was a sad day for the club, as were Watford, Brentford, QPR etc.yesterday was the best day for the club in the past 6 months.

Mike Walker won six games as our manager. All of those wins were league games. Rafael Benitez won seven games as our manager, but two of those wins were cup games against lower league opposition. So that means Benitez only won five league games.

It also means that Rafael Benitez not Mike Walker, is the worst manager in our modern history. Throw in the fact, he was more unpopular than Sam Allardyce as well!

Under this kopite clown, we also suffered our biggest home derby defeat since the infamous Glen Keeley derby. The Benitez era at Everton, was record breaking for all the wrong reasons.lol
Well put mate, I couldn’t have summed it up better.

Status
Not open for further replies.