Tim Cahill - an Everton executive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind us hiring ex players, players that love the club and want their best for it.

At least we know they aren’t just here for the pay check… like some idiots we’ve hired.

Rumours now emerging that Everton might be looking at bringing Tim Cahill back into the fold, apparently as a 'senior executive': https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-fan-favourite-option-executive-position.html

What are people's thoughts on this? I think this could actually prove to be a shrewd move, whether it's Cahill or another former pro who's at a similar stage to him. I haven't always been Cahill's biggest fan since he left us (absolutely loved him as a player) because he came across as very 'brand focused' on his social media platforms but he seems to have really knuckled down in the last few years and appears to be really progressing.

If it happens, I wonder what kind of role he would be given. If I had to predict anything, I think he could possibly work under DBB with a view to replacing her as she is apparently considering her options. This would be a good move for him, the last thing he needs is to come here and be given ridiculously trivial jobs like giving Goodison tours or anything. 6 months to get your feet under the table and then bang, you're in the top job.

This is certainly out of left field, but it's interesting and I think it could be quite innovative.

I am actually in favour of this. He's doing his coaches badges, speaks a tonne of sense whenever he's analysed us a pundit, has some current experience in football club stategy. Yes it'd usually be 'jobs for boys' but I think this one is a little different.

I am actually in favour of this. He's doing his coaches badges, speaks a tonne of sense whenever he's analysed us a pundit, has some current experience in football club stategy. Yes it'd usually be 'jobs for boys' but I think this one is a little different.
Completely agree. It's a little frustrating that this news has come out shortly after the appointment of Sharp to the board, because that's the biggest example of 'cottage industry' thinking as you could ever wish to see.

Cahill is cut from a completely different cloth to that, or indeed any of the former players who hung around this club like leeches since their playing days and will probably still be cashing our cheques when they need a cane to get around.

He's been out in the world. He will have vast connections in Asia and has studied business since he retired as well as serving on a club's board currently. He has also collected his coaching badges meaning that he is now versed in both the football and business operations of a football club, very few people out there will have that kind of acumen.

I think it makes an awful lot of sense. He offers just as much as Denise does even now as he shares her strengths in that he is a great communicator and a thoroughly decent person. But I think as time goes on he would bring far more value to the club compared to what Denise can offer. I'd be thoroughly on board with him working for her office for a few months whilst she finds her next gig and then taking the reigns.

Completely agree. It's a little frustrating that this news has come out shortly after the appointment of Sharp to the board, because that's the biggest example of 'cottage industry' thinking as you could ever wish to see.

Cahill is cut from a completely different cloth to that, or indeed any of the former players who hung around this club like leeches since their playing days and will probably still be cashing our cheques when they need a cane to get around.

He's been out in the world. He will have vast connections in Asia and has studied business since he retired as well as serving on a club's board currently. He has also collected his coaching badges meaning that he is now versed in both the football and business operations of a football club, very few people out there will have that kind of acumen.

I think it makes an awful lot of sense. He offers just as much as Denise does even now as he shares her strengths in that he is a great communicator and a thoroughly decent person. But I think as time goes on he would bring far more value to the club compared to what Denise can offer. I'd be thoroughly on board with him working for her office for a few months whilst she finds her next gig and then taking the reigns.
Sounds like people shouldn’t just jump to the ‘jobs for the boys’ conclusion this time around.
I’ve always really enjoyed hearing Cahill as a pundit when he’s been on, he definitely comes across as very tactically aware.

At least, unlike Sharp, he’s actually got Director experience.

But as I said in the other thread.

Only one team could launch an enquiry ran by their own staff, to find out what’s wrong with their staff…
Then with the findings, appoint Sharp, Cahill and Prentice to positions… furthering themselves from the fan base who wants more independent board members even further… that’s Everton.

Prentice?

Status
Not open for further replies.