Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti binned us because Real Madrid came in for him.

Mate, we are NOT an attractive club, in fact, were are probably the least attractive club in PL right now. We will not attract anyone like Ancelotti again, that was a one-off anomaly. Like i said, I would LOVE it to be Kovac. I jut do not see it happening. It will be Ferguson, Dyche or Martinez.

Different time and different circumstances. Plus your using a bad comparison, Ancelotti binned us of because were/are utter garbage, run by a bunch of spineless idiots, and could see we were going nowhere, think anyone one take note of that?
We were like that before he took over as well. Nothing has changed since then. We were literally circling relegation zone when Carlo came, closer to it than when allardyce was needed to "save us".

Ancelotti binned us because Real Madrid wanted him.

Mate, we are NOT an attractive club, in fact, were are probably the least attractive club in PL right now. We will not attract anyone like Ancelotti again, that was a one-off anomaly. Like i said, I would LOVE it to be Kovac. I jut do not see it happening. It will be Ferguson, Dyche or Martinez.
I didn't say we were attractive, I didn't even say we're not rubbish.

But we were rubbish when Ancelotti came, and he didn't leave because we were rubbish. He left because he got a (much) better offer.

In fact we were in a worse situation when Ancelotti joined. 3pts above the relegation zone.

I dont want to be that person, but I dont think hes likely at all. It will be a dull choice from the PL merry-go-round
I know I just think he’s one of the only potential candidates that would fire up the enthusiasm of a beleaguered squad and fan base

We need a fiery leader who the fans and players can look up to.

Just read the Athletic article by Ornstein from earlier today and that has a more “optimistic” spin that an agreement will be reached re Martinez accepting our offer. Why do you do this to us Everton. We do nothing but love you.

I get the feeling this wont go away.

You dont upset the applecart that much and just leave it alone. And it's almost a year off the world cup and the Belgians would have ample time to replace RM.

Martinez must have a return in mind...and Everton may have been 'preferring' a short term appointment, but they have declared their interest in RM and it's obvious they really want a permanant manager.

Lets take personal animosity our of it and think logically.

If you want a temporary appointment you go Ferguson. The fact they havent done that immediately speaks volumes. I say that as a Ferguson supporter. So I dont see that at all.

I think the interim stuff comes from people, myself included to a degree, who think Moshiri just needs 6 months to put a proper structure in. I dont think Moshiri/Usmanov have any interest in doing that. If anything they ay go further away from the European DOF model thing, and reflect the half doing it was the problem, so theres not much point trying.

So we get to Martinez. Clearly Kenwright likes him. I don't know if you saw Richard Keys column (who is v well connected) but he gave his blessing, and said he would essentially bring a sense of calm to the club which is missing.

I loved Roberto. Think he was a genuine gent and honestly I've never wanted a manager to do well more than him (and I include Kendall MK3 and Royle in that). I worry our weaknesses are his weaknesses, defensive shape and set plays so it would be a no for me.

However, time has certainly seen Moyes's tenure judged more positively, which I think is right, but to a degree the same should be true for Martinez. Even in his worst season, we still have got as far in any cup competition as he got in 2. Some of the hammerings we have taken since, put a wider context into what happened with Martinez. I still think the takeover actually didnt help, and killed the momentum we had that season too.

Over and above all else, hes a decent human being, who builds things up. It is star contrast to Benitez, who is a wrecker wherever he has been. So I can see the appeal for Martinez, even though he wouldnt necessarily be my choice.

I say that, but I would love it if he came here, and with some more funds available got it to click.

Just read the Athletic article by Ornstein from earlier today and that has a more “optimistic” spin that an agreement will be reached re Martinez accepting our offer. Why do you do this to us Everton. We do nothing but love you.

Whatever your viewpoint on him, it's likely to me that if Everton want him, he will come. He loves the club and wants another crack at it.

Also says Moshiri isn’t keen.

Surely the penny has to drop that Premier League experience isn’t all that important see…

Klopp, Arteta, Tuchel, Potter, Hassenhuttl (think he’s underrated) etc who e not managed in the Prem.

In a world we’re considering Ferguson, Rooney and Martinez… why Kovac isn’t right up the list is beyond me.
We were screaming this all summer when it looked like we were doing the same old rehashed PL EXPERIENCED managers whilst ignoring managers like Galtier. They keep a singular focus on PL EXPERIENCE and then wonder why it fails them EVERY single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.