Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not getting Kovac Kev.
the first post in this thread says who everyone wants, so its not just about who we will get.

Kovac is not totally unrealistic, or at least it wouldnt be if the board wasnt a joke.

Having said that if they cant get Martinez and Rooney isnt an option for some reason, they will be forced to look further afield.

Don't see how Kenwright "asserts control" though. If Moshiri doesn't want someone, nothing's going to force him to sign off

Within this context, he makes an argument to Moshiri that hes bad at selecting managers, and that it's best for everyone he let's Bill do it. And Farhad, perhaps feeling wounded post Benitez goes along with it.

Kovac would turn the club upside down...

I don't even know why am doing it to myself. Its only going to send me into complete despair once Rooney's horrible blag fringe walks through the door.
How do you think I feel. Was on Team Vitor, then Favre, then that handsome man Fonseca, then Kovac, then Galtier. Safe to say it won't be Kovac because I STILL want him.

So, lets see, would Rondon, Tosun, Iwobi, Patterson, Keane, Holgate, Gbamin, Delph, Davies, Gomez, Mykolenko..(that's half our squad) make up a championship team.....they certainly have NO place in the PL!
Bit harsh on Patterson and mykolenko. Keane was solid at Burnley in the PL when they played to his strengths. He was good a year ago, when ancelotti played defensively to his strengths. Delph is past it now but won titles in the PL. Gomes was a decent PL standard player prior to injuries.

Holgate and Davies would get into most squads in bottom half of PL, but probably not first 11s. Iwobi would likely get into a few teams first 11s.

Gbamin, rondon and tosun have done nothing to show they are PL standard at this point. Rondon used to be.

But the squad finished 10th last season, so is clearly capable.

Please not Mourinho. Anyone but him. The place would end up on fire with the trouble he would cause.

Ferguson will / should take the Villa game. I don't think there is any appetite internally to give it to him full-time.

We won't be getting Potter. Even if he was so inclined, Brighton would make it impossible. We aren't in a position to dictate anything.

Then the chase starts in earnest. If there is a whiff of Kovac being interested, then it's a no-brainer as far as I can see.

Kovac would be about as good a manager as we could hope for. Hes a great fit, even if the owner wouldnt see him as a big enough name.

That Telegraph article for those who haven’t read it basically says Martinez has been offered the job till the end of the season, that he wants it and ideally wants to combine jobs but the Belgian FA have said no…so far. It’s not dead, but I hope it is soon. Rooney said to have admirers on the board and Kovac isn’t out of the question and is keen to manage in the prem. Both Rooney and Kovac would be far better options.

Stand strong Belgian FA, we believe in you.
If he wants to go, we all know how that plays out

Status
Not open for further replies.