Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two home games to get him started, two bouncing Goodison atmospheres to get him pumped, it’s how he gets them to perform at Newcastle the midweek after that’ll be key, especially as they’ll be fairly fresh with 2 weekends off
He's getting a caretaker role for the Villa game. The next game two weeks latyer we'll have a new manager.

We don’t need that many more points to stay up (in my eyes) so no need to get anyone but Dunc for the next few months.
Im starting to think that could be the best solution. Just checked the betting and it is wide open which is telling. As a temporary measure could be the safest

Belgian's playing hard ball.

They have 11 months to the world cup and that's not exactly mugging them on the eve of the tournament...Martinez extended his contract to them with a release clause and he has a right to exercise it.

I dont think this will go away in a hurry. Belgium will get the right number off Everton and relent.

I'd say that Henry will also want another crack at management here too. An assistant role at Everton will provide the springboard.

One thing I will say is that the press knew nothing last time around - or if they did the club changed its mind so many times that nobody knew anything relevant for longer than 24 hours. I can't believe we'd seriously consider Martinez again, let alone contact the Belgian FA, so I'm telling myself that this is a smokescreen while Usmanov gets the yacht moored off Capri to interview Mourinho. Jose may well be past it, but at least he has a CV. And he's a superstar. And history shows Moshiri/Usmanov love a superstar with a track record of superstardom, whether as a player or manager. Christ. Rooney's a serious option so...

He's getting a caretaker role for the Villa game. The next game two weeks latyer we'll have a new manager.
If it’s going to be Roberto, it’ll take longer than two weeks to really persuade the Belgian FA to let him go

It may drag a bit with other choices as well, I think he’ll certainly get the Brentford game

If it’s going to be Roberto, it’ll take longer than two weeks to really persuade the Belgian FA to let him go

It may drag a bit with other choices as well, I think he’ll certainly get the Brentford game
Why? He has a release clause if Everton want it made permanent.

Belgian's playing hard ball.

They have 11 months to the world cup and that's not exactly mugging them on the eve of the tournament...Martinez extended his contract to them with a release clause and he has a right to exercise it.

I dont think this will go away in a hurry. Belgium will get the right number off Everton and relent.

I'd say that Henry will also want another crack at management here too. An assistant role at Everton will provide the springboard.
It's a 2 million buy out not a problem .....Wayne Rooney is looking favourite......

Lets take personal animosity our of it and think logically.

If you want a temporary appointment you go Ferguson. The fact they havent done that immediately speaks volumes. I say that as a Ferguson supporter. So I dont see that at all.

I think the interim stuff comes from people, myself included to a degree, who think Moshiri just needs 6 months to put a proper structure in. I dont think Moshiri/Usmanov have any interest in doing that. If anything they ay go further away from the European DOF model thing, and reflect the half doing it was the problem, so theres not much point trying.

So we get to Martinez. Clearly Kenwright likes him. I don't know if you saw Richard Keys column (who is v well connected) but he gave his blessing, and said he would essentially bring a sense of calm to the club which is missing.

I loved Roberto. Think he was a genuine gent and honestly I've never wanted a manager to do well more than him (and I include Kendall MK3 and Royle in that). I worry our weaknesses are his weaknesses, defensive shape and set plays so it would be a no for me.

However, time has certainly seen Moyes's tenure judged more positively, which I think is right, but to a degree the same should be true for Martinez. Even in his worst season, we still have got as far in any cup competition as he got in 2. Some of the hammerings we have taken since, put a wider context into what happened with Martinez. I still think the takeover actually didnt help, and killed the momentum we had that season too.

Over and above all else, hes a decent human being, who builds things up. It is star contrast to Benitez, who is a wrecker wherever he has been. So I can see the appeal for Martinez, even though he wouldnt necessarily be my choice.

I say that, but I would love it if he came here, and with some more funds available got it to click.
All good points and I wouldn't disagree too much.

My posting on Martinez right now is not to say he's the right man for right now - as you pointed out we need a defence rock solid and RM isn't the man yiu turn to in that respect. My posting is about the likelihood of Everton attempting to get him and whether an initial knock back will see them look elsewhere instead. I dont see it. I think they've identified RM and he's signalled he wants to come here. The Belgian's are looking for cash, that's all.

Why? He has a release clause if Everton want it made permanent.
Belgium have an international in March, they want him for that, they’ve already said it won’t happen even with a £2m release clause. There’s going to be more to it on our end if we’re serious about bringing him back

Status
Not open for further replies.