Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure about that team. I knew he would 442 it and with our top choice 4 forwards it may be ok if we had Allan in there. For this to work both our midfielders need to hold a more defensive position and Gray/Townsend and Richarlison need to come deep to take the ball and push on.

Im not Keanes biggest fan but he's miles better than Mason Holgate who for me gets away with murder with our fans.

Bloke hasn't had a good game in a blues shirt for about 3 years.

Kenny is tosh

Gordon being dropped - Benitez would have been tarred and feathered for that.

442 - 2 man midfield with one of them being a snail.

I imagine we'll get a result today but as many on here said over the Arsenal result it'll largely be down to a boss home atmosphere than of tactical genius imo.
The boss home atmosphere will be heavily influenced by the manager, don't forget that.

Keane has been absolutely dire. Definitely the right choice in picking the best out of the two.

Gordon will make an effective sub. Townsend has better delivery / goals in him.

Villa's line up looks good. I really rate that gremlin McGinn in the middle.
My memory is that Holgate and Mina have been a good partnership on the occasions they’ve started together.

For centre backs it can be about the chemistry of the two.

I think he’s gone full backs rather than wing backs as Seamus has been caught out too often of late.

I’m more worried about the central midfield, the game hinges on whether they can hold it together.

Everton fans underwhelmed by team selection is hardly new, let’s face it we know our recruitment has been gash for years and that doesn’t change by changing the manager. Let’s see if Big Dunc can get a tune out of this bunch . UTFT.

I had a feeling he'd pick Holgate. For some reason Dunc seems to rate him. Think he picked him all the time in his last management stint.

My memory is that Holgate and Mina have been a good partnership on the occasions they’ve started together.

For centre backs it can be about the chemistry of the two.

I think he’s gone full backs rather than wing backs as Seamus has been caught out too often of late.

I’m more worried about the central midfield, the game hinges on whether they can hold it together.
Holgate and Mina is certainly better than Holgate & Keane, but that's not because of Holgate's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.