Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s something wrong with evertonians. We live in LaLa land. Does anyone thing we’re a big club or an attractive job for a progressive manager (cc Potter). People screaming for lampard to get the job? Mother of god. Maybe pereira will do a decent job, at least he’s won a few pots.

I’m starting to think we’re part of the problem.
Nope

There is something wrong with Everton football club and those who run it.

The fans have been right in their fears on pretty much every issue during the Moshiri tenure. Maybe we actually do know some stuff about the club we have followed all of our lives.

Nope

There is something wrong with Everton football club and those who run it.

The fans have been right in their fears on pretty much every issue during the Moshiri tenure. Maybe we actually do know some stuff about the club we have followed all of our lives.
I’ve no issue with the protests against how the club is run but creating another toxic atmosphere for anew manager before he even takes a session is surely counter productive

I’ve no issue with the protests against how the club is run but creating another toxic atmosphere for anew manager before he even takes a session is surely counter productive

The players are the only people who can get us out of this mess because everyone else in incompetent. As much as I don't like a lot of the players, we are going to need to look past that and do what we can to help get some results.

Staying up this season will be no more than a sticking plaster though unless changes are made. If Moshiri continues on this path of listening to agents and not hiring football experts, it's when not if we get relegated.

He also relegated 1860 Munich when they were in a similar position to us, and hasnt managed in any league other than a 2 team farmers league or the Chinese retirement village for years. If they hire this guy we are in serious trouble.
Not quite.

They were rock bottom and financially [Poor language removed]. He managed to get them out of the relegation spots and they were beaten in a play-off.

There’s something wrong with evertonians. We live in LaLa land. Does anyone thing we’re a big club or an attractive job for a progressive manager (cc Potter). People screaming for lampard to get the job? Mother of god. Maybe pereira will do a decent job, at least he’s won a few pots.

So had Silva, so had Benitez, what difference did that make?

I think we used to be. We have been on a sad decline over the years. Right now, we are definitely not an attractive job for any proven and/or progressive managers. I mean, look at the frontrunners, that is a pathetic list, isn't it.

The fear with Pereira is Moshiri overruling the Board again to appoint a manager. The Board has some reservations with him, and rightly so because (a) he got a club relegated before with a team similar to our situation (b) Pereira is represented by Kia Joorabchian and it just reeks of Everton being played by agents and individuals who want to leech off Everton money (essentially Moshiri's). Those are skepticism. But he is a manager which is the complete opposite of all the managers appointed by Moshiri, which I think is Moshiri's bad attempt to change.

I think we are just being anxious and nervous because we are in a difficult position. And I think the fans lost trust is Moshiri's decision. I feel Pereira's reaction is just the after effects of Benitez, so our skepticism got amplified to the point of toxic.

The fact we didn't have an immediate replacement in mind shows the complete lack of leadership from the top down

Surely they must have known Rafael was getting it weeks before they did it. Did they just sack him and thinking right what next

Hate this club me. Actually no I hate the club's hierarchy
That's what we need to remember. Whether we're being run well or badly the people in charge are currently in temporary
custody.

As it is, they knew they'd put Ferguson in charge while they looked for a permanent replacement.

I was happy with some, not all of our recent choices but I'm not going to be 100% happy with whoever gets the job this time at first.

Does Pereira?
he was tasked with saving a club that were in a worse situation than ours and failed despite nearly keeping them up. You’d like to think he’s learned from that. I’m not advocating him as first choice by the way but I’m asking for fans to get behind him and the team because otherwise relegation will be a self fulfilled prophecy.

he was tasked with saving a club that were in a worse situation than ours and failed despite nearly keeping them up. You’d like to think he’s learned from that. I’m not advocating him as first choice by the way but I’m asking for fans to get behind him and the team because otherwise relegation will be a self fulfilled prophecy.

Okay, so his only experience handling adversity is to not handle it. Cracking stuff.

How? He lost 11 of his 20 games with them with a 30% win percentage. He was brought in to keep them up... much like he has with us. It was also Moshiri's mate Kia Joorabchian who convinced the 1860 Munich board that he was the man for the job. The similarities are there to see.
Sad as it is a 30% win rate would probably keep us up - this year, and that’s not an endorsement of the bloke either! I’d kill for us to win 5 or 6 more games between now and May!

If Pereira is nailed on the betting market does not reflect that, albeit he is strong favourite. Seems to be renewed support for Lampard today which maybe a significant development

Status
Not open for further replies.