Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said before I’m not sure who my first choice manager would be. Genuinely haven’t a clue. What I would say about lampard is, I feel he’ll be the one who’ll utilise the youth at this club, something us fans have been crying out for, for ages, but never seems to happen! Players like dobbin who has signed a new deal will definitely see opportunities now if Ofcourse frank gets the job.

On the flip side, his teams seemed to look decent to watch and scored goals, and you‘d be pretty confident that he’d give more opportunities to the talented youngsters we have that others have tended to avoid.

He‘s also young enough to not write off as a poor/average manager. Very very few hit the heights of success in their first few jobs whilst they’re learning and there’s plenty of examples who started slowly and then matured in to excellent coaches, so you just never know.

Plusses and minuses.

Looking back over the second half of last season and this we had two managers known for drilling defences, we still shipped tons of goals, so nothing to lose by bringing in someone who at least won't make getting a result dependant on us being very solid and mistake free at the back when we can't actually ever manage that.

Wierdly an attacking system may reduce goals we ship as a vast majority are coming from set pieces (which inviting pressure gives lots more of) and mistakes which playing deep sees it pretty much always result in a clear cut chance. Giving the oppo 65% of the ball similarly pressures the defence.

Graffiti BEFORE they get the job is quite impressive

Graffiti in general bothers me just because we shouldn't be defacing Goodison

What I will say though is that if an underwhelming manager is lined up to manage your club then making it known your unhappy is perfectly reasonable

I think back to Forest fans kicking up a fuss when they were linked with Steve McLaren and successfully getting the owners to hire someone else

Lampard would not have been my first choice, but I would have him over the likes of Pereira

Kovac should have been the guy and we should have moved heaven and earth to make it happen

We'll regret not doing so I think

I'll back Lampard if he gets the job though. I don't think he did too badly at Derby and Chelsea, and he'll have the backing of the media if he gets the gig which will hopefully rub off on us

Media is currently drooling over Villa because Gerrard is there

They were quickly turning on serial champions league winner Carlo before the best club in the world fancied winning another title and saved him from us. Had these losers missing out on Europe on the final day. A win at Anfield.

We get everything. And I mean everything we deserve.

But he failed lad. Football was crap lad. He wanted out by December lad.

Blah blah blah.

You're right. We deserve what we get.

Chelsea fan here very much in peace.

One of my best mates travels from down here in the SW to every one of your home games so whilst I clearly won’t be suffering it pains me to see just how much your current predicament is impacting on him.

I like all long term Chelsea supporters have been through the fear of relegation and yep relegation itself so I know how it hurts and whilst I would snigger if certain clubs, certain supporters were in the position you find yourselves that’s certainly not how I feel about you lot.

Of course all clubs make massive mistakes when appointing managers. Some just stand out as complete madness. We have a history of that having given the gig to the likes of AVB and well quite a few others they just weren’t a fit and even when some of those strange appointments delivered silverware such as Di Matteo and yes Benetiz you just know they weren’t a long term a fit.

I watched your game against Villa. It was abundantly clear to me , yep an outsider, that there is no way that Ferguson will get you through the problems you face. No doubt he will stir things up but the tactical awareness and indeed experience clubs like Burnley, like Newcastle, Watford and yes even Norwich is something at this stage of the seasons something you will need in bucket loads as much as anything because the majority of your players are for them in unknown territory.

Frank given the blank canvas that comes with start of a new season would be fine for you.The ore season would enable him to get players. In and instil his ideas.
His style is refreshing and there is no doubt you would be far more of a threat going forward but you would be sacrificing defensive shape and sorry but at this point in time I can’t see he is the answer for you in this critical last third of the season.
I haven’t a clue who you should go for as manager . Personally I think you need an interim appointment
Ironically the likes of big Sam would hit the ground running but with his history and indeed your owners confused approach to on field matters I suspect he isn’t even being talked about
Mate Thing is we wouldn't be giving up tactical defensive shape, we have had none all season, we setup defensively and in about 13/15 last games have conceded first think something like 19/23 this season, then last 30 we try to go forward. Be refreshing hsving a manager who may not wait until the invite we inevitably concede before realizing scoring is kinda important

Mate Thing is we wouldn't be giving up tactical defensive shape, we have had none all season, we setup defensively and in about 13/15 last games have conceded first think something like 19/23 this season, then last 30 we try to go forward. Be refreshing hsving a manager who may not wait until the invite we inevitably concede before realizing scoring is kinda important
Fair point perhaps It would probably be better to say no would leave you even more open

Graffiti in general bothers me just because we shouldn't be defacing Goodison

What I will say though is that if an underwhelming manager is lined up to manage your club then making it known your unhappy is perfectly reasonable

I think back to Forest fans kicking up a fuss when they were linked with Steve McLaren and successfully getting the owners to hire someone else
We’ve done it with the last two managers /would be managers, is it now a trend?
What if we’d done it with Kendall I wonder

Moshiri doesn’t want Lampard. If he did he’d have been appointed within a day or two of Benitez going. He doesn’t want Pereira either for the same reason. Who ever is appointed will be lucky to see out a year, they aren’t wanted by anyone at the club.
What a mess

Moshiri doesn’t want Lampard. If he did he’d have been appointed within a day or two of Benitez going. He doesn’t want Pereira either for the same reason. Who ever is appointed will be lucky to see out a year, they aren’t wanted by anyone at the club.
What a mess

That doesn't mean he's not the right choice. Not being Moshiri's choice is probably a good sign at this point.

What a mess
Moshiri does want Pereira, he was willing to overrule the board to appoint him because he’s a stubborn, clueless dolt

We’ve done it with the last two managers /would be managers, is it now a trend?
What if we’d done it with Kendall I wonder

Well Benitez and Pereira have both done a fat load of nothing as managers in recent times and there is zero suggestion they'd be a good manager for us

The "trend", if there is one, is that Moshiri keeps making stupid appointments, not that the supporters are being unreasonable

I just don't find it remotely shocking that people are underwhelmed by an underwhelming appointment

It's the same with a lot of "meh" players we've signed

Lots of people thought the likes of Cuco Martina were lame signings. That wasn't because they were being unreasonable. It was because Cuco Martina was a lame signing

If you serve someone a cow pat then why should they pretend it's a filet mignon?

Just listened to talksport honestly they haven’t a clue. I know that Brazil is just a piss can these days. But all about Duncan to the end of the season or Rooney and Dunc.

Not one mention of the favourite
They are all ill-informed and don't have a clue though really. Its easy for them to say give it Duncan, when we all know after hoofball on saturday, Duncan will get them fired up, but football is more than that. Need to be able to break teams down and actually work space to shoot at the goal

Paper talk he wants Deli Ali...I hope he has zero chance at the job if this is true. Ali is Iwobi bad and my mind won't be changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.