Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going to be difficult is the players adapting to a totally different tactical approach straight away.

If it is Lampard, at Chelsea he played possession football with high press, the exact opposite of what we've playing under Benitez + Ancelotti.

Pretty sure players will enjoy having more of the ball + winning it higher up the pitch. But not easy to switch to different style with massive games coming up.

Paper talk he wants Deli Ali...I hope he has zero chance at the job if this is true. Ali is Iwobi bad and my mind won't be changed!
Ok so Ali has dropped off a cliff the last couple of years. But in the right system with a manager believing in him, he could be a massive help to us.
Amd iwobi lol Ali average a goal every 3.5 games. Iwobi average a goal every 3.5 months

Very dubious that tactical change is going to make up for our lack of available mobile and combative midfielders. Doucoure now out would be the closest, Allan second - not sure when he's back.

We’ve done it with the last two managers /would be managers, is it now a trend?
What if we’d done it with Kendall I wonder
A considerable number of Evertonians tried very hard to get Kendall punted. That's why I always err on the side of caution when it comes to demanding a manager get binned. Give them the time Kendall got unless it becomes very clear the wheels have fell completely off.

I'm no fan of Benitez and I couldn't see a way back for him but it's worrying that the people in charge seem to buckle at the first signs of consistent pressure when it comes to sacking managers or abandoning plans. That it was done in such a floundering way with big decisions made to back him before sacking him shows how easily panic seems to set in with seemingly no determination to see a plan through if it's not plain sailing all the way.

Before that the relatively poor second half of the season under Ancelotti was enough that Moshiri was seemingly grateful to get him out without a costly settlement.

Well Benitez and Pereira have both done a fat load of nothing as managers in recent times and there is zero suggestion they'd be a good manager for us

The "trend", if there is one, is that Moshiri keeps making stupid appointments, not that the supporters are being unreasonable

I just don't find it remotely shocking that people are underwhelmed by an underwhelming appointment

It's the same with a lot of "meh" players we've signed

Lots of people thought the likes of Cuco Martina were lame signings. That wasn't because they were being unreasonable. It was because Cuco Martina was a lame signing

If you serve someone a cow pat then why should they pretend it's a filet mignon?
Mate add to the cow pat a half cup of egg yolk, 3 pinches of paprika, I glove of of garlic. 4 grams of blue cheese crushed basil and table spoon of vinegar. 20 mins in oven at 200 and you will cow pat > mignon for the rest of your life.

What's going to be difficult is the players adapting to a totally different tactical approach straight away.

If it is Lampard, at Chelsea he played possession football with high press, the exact opposite of what we've playing under Benitez + Ancelotti.

Pretty sure players will enjoy having more of the ball + winning it higher up the pitch. But not easy to switch to different style with massive games coming up.
THe last thing our players want is the ball. Haven't you noticed?

Paper talk he wants Deli Ali...I hope he has zero chance at the job if this is true. Ali is Iwobi bad and my mind won't be changed!
Excellent player when he's on it and there's no doubt we're severely missing a player of that ilk who is comfortable on the ball in transition, mobile and with an eye for goal. Big question marks on whether it would be possible to get him firing again without knowing every aspect of his life or medical reports. But given that the recruitment and scouting depts have pretty much had their heads cut off off it's a bit of a struggle to see who's currently doing that kind of homework on potential targets.

Lingard going to West Ham showed it's possible to revive a fringe England international in the right environment. And his time back at Man Utd shows how the incorrect environment seemingly puts them back to square one. I'm sure the current Everton setup is an excellent environment for players to thrive :hayee:

Far fetched theory...

When Rafael was sacked, Lampard wasn't my number one choice, but after the Vitor fiasco I'd take him all day long.

Do you think all these shenanigans might have been a ploy to unite the fanbase over Lampard?

I realise how ludicrous this sounds when you consider how inept our board actually is

Excellent player when he's on it and there's no doubt we're severely missing a player of that ilk who is comfortable on the ball in transition, mobile and with an eye for goal. Big question marks on whether it would be possible to get him firing again without knowing every aspect of his life or medical reports. But given that the recruitment and scouting depts have pretty much had their heads cut off off it's a bit of a struggle to see who's currently doing that kind of homework on potential targets.

Lingard going to West Ham showed it's possible to revive a fringe England international in the right environment. And his time back at Man Utd shows how the incorrect environment seemingly puts them back to square one. I'm sure the current Everton setup is an excellent environment for players to thrive :hayee:

Not been "on it" for 3 years under 2 managers who don't like players who go missing for 70mins and maybe pull something out the bag.

However...would give the team a boost based on the name alone. Just don't think we need him.

CM is needed badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.