Hating every managerial name put forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not, but I think the inherent distrust of Everton's board/Kia Joorabchian and our current position in the league will mean any appointment will have less optimism/backing than pretty much any manager before him.

If we were 12th, playing poorly but in no danger either Rafael would still be here or sacked. If he was and someone like VP came in...not many would be up in arms.

Have you noticed?

No matter who's name is touted - a thread appears ripping him to shreds.

The problem is, people will always disagree with the name that YOU think should take over - and that basically means that no matter what happens YOU will not back the new man.

** You is the generic term to apply to every possible solution ** ;) :coffee:
The fans are the biggest part of what’s wrong with this club

I would be sceptical if these blurts even appointed Pep tbh. None of them could organise a prayer session in a convent without it ending up a complete and utter shambles.

I'm generally very open minded with the names put forward. There is usually one name who I think would be an absolutely terrible choice, and unfortunately they seem to get hired.

I don't think it matters. It's used to validate an argument.
In what sense? People talk about CVs when they're referring to a manager's previous work and how that may suggest they would do in this job. It's not a perfect indicator of course, but it is quite clearly the best one that anyone has, which is why it has been used to decide who's suited to doing all sorts of jobs for as long as anyone can remember. The idea that someone's previous record isn't relevant to whether they could do a job or not is a bit bizarre to be honest. You were a big fan of Ancelotti despite the fact he finished 12th and 10th in his time here, and had a terrible home record. You believed (and still believe) he could turn it around purely because of his CV. It's quite odd then that you've suddenly decided CVs aren't relevant.

In what sense? People talk about CVs when they're referring to a manager's previous work and how that may suggest they would do in this job. It's not a perfect indicator of course, but it is quite clearly the best one that anyone has, which is why it has been used to decide who's suited to doing all sorts of jobs for as long as anyone can remember. The idea that someone's previous record isn't relevant to whether they could do a job or not is a bit bizarre to be honest. You were a big fan of Ancelotti despite the fact he finished 12th and 10th in his time here, and had a terrible home record. You believed (and still believe) he could turn it around purely because of his CV. It's quite odd then that you've suddenly decided CVs aren't relevant.

Was clear progression in areas under Carlo. Improvements which regardless of CV, if any manager does that gets more time. Potters CV isn't great for example, but it's his accumin on the pitch that sets him above.

I've said before, people just throw it about to fit a lazy argument IMO. If you don't like a particular person (this case Periera) you say "bad CV". That doesn't get used in comparison to someone people do like (in this case Lampard) to say "good CV". Cos if you compared the two, Periera has more experience and won more (unless 1 good season at Chelsea means more than trophies in Portugal etc).

That's all my view is.

Was clear progression in areas under Carlo. Improvements which regardless of CV, if any manager does that gets more time. Potters CV isn't great for example, but it's his accumin on the pitch that sets him above.

I've said before, people just throw it about to fit a lazy argument IMO. If you don't like a particular person (this case Periera) you say "bad CV". That doesn't get used in comparison to someone people do like (in this case Lampard) to say "good CV". Cos if you compared the two, Periera has more experience and won more (unless 1 good season at Chelsea means more than trophies in Portugal etc).

That's all my view is.
Which is exactly why I'm saying you're not understanding what people are saying. You're still talking as if people mean actual CVs when they're just using it as catch all term for previous performance.

Potter has a good CV in terms of a job like ours. He's shown he can stabilise league position in the PL, introduce a new style of play, get players not seen as 'good footballers' to play a possession based game, and improve performance over time. The tactical acumen you're talking about is his CV in this sense, it's not the document he brings with him to interview, it's the previous work he's done that allows us to decide whether he looks like a good option or not.

Pereira has a poor CV in terms of coming in to do a job for us right now - he has no experience at all in a top 5 league, has been relegated in his only experience of a relegation battle, and his performance has deteriorated in recent years. His record also suggests that he may be motivated far more by money than glory or challenges.

If you were looking to appoint someone with a view to winning the Portuguese league or Chinese Super League though, Pereira's CV suddenly starts to look more impressive than Potter's. The key is to look at how suited they are to the job at hand, not just the number of trophies they've won. People with good CVs can still fail, and people with bad CVs can still succeed, it's not an exact science, but there isn't a better way of judging candidates really.

Keep the big man in charge until the end of the season and see who’s available in the summer. I think Dunc can keep us up if we keep DCL, Mina and Richy fit.
And he'd be cheaper. Already working here and imagine how much the new manager is going to be paid.

Train Wreck FC.. that's it, off the rails, unfit players, inadequate depth, lousy manager (permanent), dumb board... DOF gone, influenced by agents..

It's pretty much over unless something dramatic starts to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.