Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..we’ve just sacked a manager who went out with the intention of defending every game. Problem is, we invariably concede the first goal and end up losing.

We need to play with tempo, we need to play on the front foot and we need to take the game to the opposition. I’d much prefer that approach in our pursuit of points.

"sit back, soak up pressure, and counter" under Rafael worked a few times but it was a mirage.

it really meant "wait to be attacked, mill around aimlessly at the back, lose shape, give the ball away, play their forwards onside, concede early"

Still not sure he's the right man. Would need time, patience and a DOF to work with though if we did go for him.

He's young, up and coming, would be respected in the dressing room for his achievements as a player. Definite upsides, just worry that it might be too much for a younger guy to handle and if he'll fit as a person.

Unlike the guy we just sacked, he's smart and humble enough to know he needs a DOF, he won't insist on doing it himself and burning the place to the ground if he doesn't get his way.

Has he signed yet?

Im gonna stick my neck out on this now, reflected, and I'm now like just get it done, get some players in too and lets get safety!

Its still quite an ask overall but we need to move on and get cracking.

He could be whats needed, then again he could not but all the procrastination is not good for the Club.

UTFT

I would rather Kovac out of the names out there but I’m ok with Lampard.

His time at Chelsea is looking better in retrospect now that have slipped a little under Tuchel, they’re 10th in the form table rn. Lampard didn't get the best out of that group but it looks like TT is struggling a bit too. They rely on their FB/wingbacks and they're out, but still, as much quality as that side has they're not more than the sum of their parts right now.

Some of the difference between Lampard and TT is Kepa stinking up the joint before he was dropped and Mendy playing the best GK on the planet for a long stretch IMO.
pretty much sums up where we are I guess. Lampard would not have been a choice for me at the start of the season but unless Kovac is interested he seems the best of the dross available to us right now and might keep us up. If Kovac is really off the table then the board need to act decisively ( I know - who am I kidding here!).

The concern I have is that job might be too big for him without a strong no 2, which should be his successor. Still think Rooney would make a great assistant manager to Frank.

I’d say that was all about experience. Frank kept playing the same way, hoping these new expensive attackers would finally start performing, but he was a bit open defensively.

Tuchel switched to a back 5 with 2 workhorses infront and started to win 1-0. Werner was still terrible, Havertz improved a little, while Zeych was still in and out.

Interesting that Chelsea are the same points now behind the leaders that frank was when he got sacked this time last year. And he’s got Lukaku and Saul
I agree. I think Frank is a good manager and would be the sort of sensible manager that Everton needs right now. You need someone with some profile that is comfortable in front of the camera and won't say or do stupid things. he also doesn't need the money or the job, if Moshiri acts like a twit then Frank can just walk. This will likely give Frank much more negotiating power with Moshiri and maybe he can force things to be done Frank's way. The risk is that Moshiri won't give Frank the job because instantly Frank would be the face of Everton FC and Morshiri would lose the limelight. Good look with your search for a manager
Anyway, I keep checking on Sky when Frank's interview will be broadcast live. Have they named the time yet. I hope it isn't pay per view :)

They're still waiting for proof of his GCSE results before they can take it any further but they do have a copy of his driving licence so not long to go now.
Having some elocution lessons before the press conference
1643291807605.jpeg

I think the reason for the delay was that all potential candidates had to do an assessment centre together. They had in tray exercises, psychometrics and at the end they all had to work in a team to do a presentation. DBB is sifting through all the results as we speak.

This one hundred times over

Lampard doesnae any more pedigree than this Pereira fella, yet people are falling over him... I'm not sure I get it tbf

Tbh I see Lampard relegating us as much as I see Fabio effing Cannavaro relegating us

It's not that I necessarily see either Lampard or Pereira appointments as leading to relegation or lack of success.

It's more that each appointment comes with it's own set of risks. Some of those risks are overlapping with both candidates, namely they don't have a track record of success at this level.

The 1 advantage Lampard may have is his name as a player and whether he can attract players because of this. Gerrard has done this at Villa. Lampard did this at Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.