Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
lampard IN

Who else could we get ATM ?

Have to hope he’s already liaising with Chelsea, with a. View of getting a few younger players in in loan, or in the cheap.

Players he knows he’ll be able to rely on.

Definite risk, but at this stage I’ll clutch to any straw which isn’t Vitor Pereira.

Unlike the guy we just sacked, he's smart and humble enough to know he needs a DOF, he won't insist on doing it himself and burning the place to the ground if he doesn't get his way.

He'll get my full backing, a lot more to get behind in Lampard than in the some of the names been tossed around.

Would be happy with him or Rooney as it's someone we could all back but with either just think a job of this magnitude and particularly in this dire situation could be too much.

Just get him in so we can get on with things.
I won't be disappointed with the appointment of Lampard as he knows the league inside out and will take on the job not being blinkered.

I know Chelsea are a different being to Everton but he did well when Chelsea had the transfer embargo (albeit a good squad anyway) then he signed good players the next season and started well but had a blip (Chelsea don't allow blips).

The team Lampard help put together won the Champions league. He will have learned from his time there so we are hoping he can kick on.

Problem is if he does a great job at Everton then Chelsea could just take him from us easily.
At least if he does a great job we’ll hopefully be far better placed to avoid this farcical recruitment cycle that is making the club look like such a basket case!

I was hoping we'd have an announcement by now. Lampard is my preferred option, but if it is Pereira then so be it. All we can do, is hope whoever the new manager is up to the job. We have a poor squad a success starved fanbase, and an owner who likes to stick his nose in everywhere. So this ain't an easy job at all!

I’d have Loftus Cheek. Genuinely not sure where Alli even plays these days. He’s good as a second striker getting on the end of stuff. We can’t carry one of them in this team. We need someone to supply the attack and that was Eriksen and Dembele at Spurs, Alli just got on the end of stuff.

Think Gordon would really go up a level with Ali making those runs into space mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.