Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to bed caring very little.
I woke up not caring at all.

It is up to the players to get themselves out of the hole they dug with their performances.
Regardless of formation.
Doesn't matter who the manager is, the players have got to put it in now.

I went to bed caring very little.
I woke up not caring at all.

It is up to the players to get themselves out of the hole they dug with their performances.
Regardless of formation.
Doesn't matter who the manager is, the players have got to put it in now.
The players don’t choose to have Coleman at LWB or start Rondon up front or not start Allan even though he was everywhere for 40 mins after he came on so looked like he could’ve easily started and come off a bit early if need be, or sell one of our best players for questioning them and replace them with a kid from Ukraine who’s never played at this level and chuck him straight in…

Ultimately, the players need to win, but the formation and motivation is equally as important as those on the pitch! The reason I’m scared of Pereira is he seems like a loose cannon who will fall out with people like Benitez did and we need unity and spirit to turn this around.

If it is Frank and he goes to a 4-3-3 (main reason I want him). Acknowledging that we don't have Doucoure. How do you think we setup?

We are obviously crying out for another midfielder

Pickford
Patterson Godfrey Mina Mykolenko
Allan Gordon Gomes
Grey DCL Richarlison

I think Gordon is the best advanced option to come in to replace Doucoure. Gomes is better in a three and will hopefully keep it ticking and while Allan needs to play the deeper role.

I would though like to see Gbamin given one more shot in the DM role, and have Allan and Gordon slightly more advanced.

All in all, options are very thin and we desperately need Frank to bring in one, or even two midfielders...
This for me, except I'd keep Godfrey left back with Holgate/Branthwaite in the middle next to Mina.

Positives:
Seems to want to play football (might help us actually win by scoring first (or indeed at all!)
Won't be blamed if he can't get us out of this mess
Positive personality
Will give youth a chance
Has PL and FL experience
Seems to be the best of the candidates.
Isn't VP
Might turn us around next season whatever level we are in..

That's fair. I liked what I've seen but its not a huge sample.

The one thing I'd say is that the experience route has hurt us badly with recent appointments. We need to find the next good manager and let them establish themselves here. The only way we get the next top manager is by finding them and giving them a chance before someone else does.

There are also no risk free choices here. Everyone is a risk to some extent. This is lower risk for me though.
The three current candidates come with a risk Tim. In my opinion, only Lampard is a risk worth taking. I've thought for a while now that Lampard could be just what we need.

Throwing some semi-serious names down for what Lampard could use / build on in the summer.

Pickford
Patterson Godfrey Branthwaite Mykolenko
???
??? Doucoure
Gray DCL Richarlison

Tyrer
??? Welch ??? Nkounkou
Warrington
??? Onyango
Dobbin ??? Gordon

The system seems to favour our current squad and the younger players he may use.

16 players there out of a 23 man premier league squad.

Right back
Centre back
Defensive midfield
Centre midfield
Centre forward

Areas to look at possibly in the summer, unless he nails anyone this window.

If we can escape relegation then i would be quite positive going into the summer...focus (again) on selling players and bringing in a handful to improve the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.