Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Frank brings Abramovich as his representative, they can quickly hatch a plan to buy* 5 decent players for the princely sum of 1p.

*Players are due to be bought back off of us in the Summer.

How come he was mediocre at managing Chelsea?

Good players don’t necessarily make good managers and vice versa.
He finished 4th in his only full season and got them to an FA Cup final. In his second season they topped their champions league group and were top of the league in December.

I'd take any one of those achievements at Everton and it certainly wouldn't be classed as mediocre.

Frank Lampard is an excellent young manager.

He got Derby County into the top 6 and into the play-off final, where they narrowly lost to Aston Villa.

He also guided Chelsea to the FA Cup final and got them a top 4 finish (at a time when they weren’t allowed to sign anyone) before Abramovich sacked him prematurely. The much lauded Tuchel is only one place above that now after spending a fortune. One other thing to note is that Frank Lampard fought tooth and nail to get Declan Rice from West Ham and the Chelsea board stupidly overruled him. Just look at how Declan Rice has turned out - he’s arguably the best midfielder in the Premier League right now. He’s certainly England’s best player. Recruitment mistakes have been a big problem for us and it seems that Frank knows his stuff in that regard.

I loved the guy as a player. He had a never-say-die attitude and he is Chelsea’s all-time leading goal scorer, which is a stunning achievement given that he was a midfielder. As a player he won everything there is to win at club level, including numerous Premier League titles, so he would immediately command the respect of the dressing room.

Much to the chagrin of most, Big Sam has been spoken of as a possible candidate. Mainly we are in such a perilous position and he has a great track record of keeping problem teams in the Premier League. As we know a loss up at Newcastle (which is highly likely) will take us to within a couple of points of the relegation zone, so we are very much a problem team. I was initially in favour of bringing him back in to do a rescue job, but I have changed my mind. Big Sam would not be a long-term option. He strikes me as a guy who wants to retire to Spain some time soon. He is in his late sixties, after all. And his style of play is dire.
Where?

They finished 4th with a transfer ban in his full season, the club then went and bought the likes of Pulisic and Werner, slow start but still close in points and he got shoved out for Tuchel who got the Champions League glory

What gets massively overlooked is thst in his first season he lost Hazard, who essentially that entire Chelsea team had been built around for the past 3-4 seasons, throw in the transfer ban and his first season was actually a very good one

I wouldn't be surprised if Lampard tells Moshiri and co to shove it if we keep dragging this out with 4th / 5th interviews.

FFS what is it today, Maths exam?
No announcement last night, Lampard is on the verge of telling Moshiri where to shove his job, apparently he has got his back room staff in place, Deli Alli is on his way. So Pereira and Duncan are being interviewed again today, and could be in line for the job.

Yup, also heard that Frank is getting very frustrated. He considered the job his and now Everton are doing more dithering by staging more interviews.

Honestly.
It’s an absolute joke. They could have appointed Lampard a week ago and had players over the line during the week. No way to run a football club. If they appoint Pereira the place will explode.

No announcement last night, Lampard is on the verge of telling Moshiri where to shove his job, apparently he has got his back room staff in place, Deli Alli is on his way. So Pereira and Duncan are being interviewed again today, and could be in line for the job.

Lampard isn't walking away from millions of pounds and a big job. Who knows when he'll get another big offer?

100% he is the best of the options we have to choose from
Knows the club its fans the league it's players
He also has age enthusiasm on his side and he certainly won't be coming for a payday he was a winner on the pitch and will want to prove the same off it

I also think he will surround himself with the right men not yes men

They finished 4th with a transfer ban in his full season, the club then went and bought the likes of Pulisic and Werner, slow start but still close in points and he got shoved out for Tuchel who got the Champions League glory
Chelsea needed a 5 year transfer ban to level the playing field. And that pesky tuchel coming in last 10 mins of a final to steal Lamps champions league. We really have to do a lot of mind bending to make out his time at Chelsea warrants a go at our relegation battle.

Not saying he is a useless manager. I feel he's yet to prove what he can do.

But the fact we are clammering for him to take these liom hearts it a relegation scrap is head scratching.

Nowhere, apart from @Gareth Gibson who seems to copy and paste his posts and puts them in a couple of threads. Same as @gorgeousgeorgeEFC does actually which is very strange.

I did notice this too tbf lol

I kind of like it though. When people don't listen to my stupid and boring opinion, I'm just going to copy and paste them into multiple threads.

Chelsea needed a 5 year transfer ban to level the playing field. And that pesky tuchel coming in last 10 moms.9f a final to steal Lamps champions league. We really have to do a lot of mind bending to make out his time at Chelsea warrants a go at our relegation battle.

Not saying he is a useless manager. I feel he's yet to prove what he can do.

But the fact we are clammering for him to take these liom hearts it a relegation scrap is head scratching.
I think like everything, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Lampard probably isn’t as good as we think and Pereira probably isn’t as bad. The whole process has been undermined by the incompetence of the club and the fan base losing any confidence in them making a good decision. It’s an absolute mess.

If we don't appoint anybody over the weekend does that mean we are in an even bigger mess than initially anticipated and relegation is almost a certainty?
Imagine getting the job at midnight and being told to find a couple of players over the weekend when a lot of them are on international duty. Yes we’re in a mess but we can definitely avoid relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.