Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everyone's heads falling off coz Duncan is there. Also, the Ornstein story seems very plausible......even sensible.
Last round of talks.
Duncan knows the squad the best. Rightly or wrongly, he'll have a view on where needs strengthening, as will the other candidates (hopefully..... Cough cough, hope Frank's done his homework this time).
So, on the positive side, it actually shows some joined up thinking preventing any differing opinions over targets in the limited time we have left. Furthermore, it would suggest that incomings could/should be expected.
I can't for one moment, imagine they're inviting Duncan to London to sack him. Ludicrous.
More likely, due to the above and / or to see if the others could work with him. A degree of continuity is needed in this roller coaster. Whether he survives (or wants to) longer term is different.
The only way Duncan now stays as Manager (interim), is if the others don't accept the short-term contracts.
My take anyway.

…not sure why concerns & opinion means a posters head is falling off.

Ferguson will clearly know the squad, but it doesn’t necessarily mean his opinion is valued. He picked Kenny and Holgate at the weekend & he dropped Gordon.

if Lampard is appointed, I’m sure he’ll talk to all the coaches but he’ll already have an idea of the squad.

This is amazing, we have finally come up with something we can do well, we have managed to give 3 interviews to 3 candidates allegedly, it's twenty to four on the Friday of the last weekend of the transfer window, we are fourth from bottom of the table and in desperate need of reinforcements and we still haven't appointed one of the candidates. Chaos that's the only thing we can do well chaos.

How can you go from basically hourly updates of individuals movements to absolute silence.

It's quite clear that the club have been actively passing information to the media.

1643385374848.png

…not sure why concerns & opinion means a posters head is falling off.

Ferguson will clearly know the squad, but it doesn’t necessarily mean his opinion is valued. He picked Kenny and Holgate at the weekend & he dropped Gordon.

if Lampard is appointed, I’m sure he’ll talk to all the coaches but he’ll already have an idea of the squad.
Look back at the reactions to Ornstein's tweet.

Clearly, by some, his opinion not valued, for team selection or other reasons. Whilst I agree the personnel and formation Vs. Villa was poo, that doesn't change the fact that his opinion is apparently valued by others in Everton and in my opinion rightly. He's the one with them everyday on the Training pitch spending time with them and therefore has a unique insight into them as players and people. That to me is valuable.

As I said, I think it's actually sensible to have these discussions now and save time after and Duncan can help in that respect.

Sure, lampard, will have his view of how he wants to play. But I doubt very much he's watched every Everton game from the last 6 years, as Duncan has. And perhaps share who can play what formation or who feels best where. Vitor or Frank wouldn't know this.

Everyone seems to be looking for a clean sweep, the board, coaches whatever. And NOW. I'm not against it. But there's no guarantee it'll work, especially not straight away. in fact, it's risky. Transition til Summer - see what (if anything this review throws up) and take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.